Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.

Like nutty NEY posts. See: Arranged Proposal

Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.

• I like the new format.  Except I want my old SN back.  Or at least a signature?  Please, Knot Gods?

And yay for BSC NEY posts :)
  • Isn't this that same chick who asked if people thought one's parents would mind if they got married without telling them? And that her wedding would be "something serious, not like Vegas?"

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Wasn't that the same chick that was planning on getting married and then telling her mom about it after the fact because she thought she'd be less mad then?

Logic FAIL.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:3cbc12b6-cdd3-47a1-b090-a5656f4d387a">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't that the same chick that was planning on getting married and then telling her mom about it after the fact because she thought she'd be less mad then? Logic FAIL.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Oh good, it is her. Looks like she's trying to get more creative at least. If she could plan a natural disaster to distract her mom during her proposal/engagement announcement, I bet she would.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • oh gah, her again?! 

If someone asked to get engaged at my wedding because it was the only public place opportunity they had, I'm really not sure what I would do, other than stare at them with a very perplexed look on my face.
  • I get that not everyone has a great relationship with their parents and that not all parents are sane.  However, in my experience, when a parent who's not crazy doesn't like the SO of his/her son or daughter, it's usually for good reason.  I truly wonder what mom's problem with this girl's FI is.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Oh for the love of god.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:fd6efdf5-8a66-4cd1-8012-6b963ec78cdd">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh gah, her again?!  If someone asked to get engaged at my wedding because it was the only public place opportunity they had, I'm really not sure what I would do, other than stare at them with a very perplexed look on my face.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I think this is maybe the one thing that could make me bust out "Um, no... IT'S MY DAY," ever.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yes, same girl. Still stupid.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I missed the original posts! When was this? She's a nutsack, for sure.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:58de35d5-d6a3-457e-a392-7b1669d09cca">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things. : I think this is maybe the one thing that could make me bust out "Um, no... IT'S MY DAY," ever.

My thoughts exactly...I'm not exactly a fan of being the center of attention but no, you're not getting engaged at my damn wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:6cae6fc1-c50e-458d-8649-0beba39b77ac">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed the original posts! When was this? She's a nutsack, for sure.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Bec, check under her magnifying glass under the post "Secret Wedding." She seems kinda strange.

• Hahaha Brie, I agree!

I think part of her strangeness is that English is not her first language, which she said in her post over here...but the content is bizarre even without that excuse. 
  • Fun!  It had gotten boring over there!
  • She should take a cue from that girl on Wedding Wire who wanted to invite everyone she knew to a party at her church, then have her FI to propose in front of them, since their religion dictated their relationship be kept secret until they were engaged.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • "Your heart is in the right place, but I don't know where your brain is. "

Oh how I do love Capri!Laughing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:c5229134-741b-43b4-8750-3125e10d5404">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]She should take a cue from that girl on Wedding Wire who wanted to invite everyone she knew to a party at her church, then have her FI to propose in front of them, since their religion dictated their relationship be kept secret until they were engaged.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I thought of this girl too when I read today's post. I would hate being in a situation where my entire relationship was a secret and/or people hated its existence.

• I hope Planned Proposal girl can come over here and see that not only has everyone told her it's a bad idea in her own post, but it's such a bad idea that there's a post on another board dedicated to it.  IT'S A REALLY BAD IDEA. And it sounds like there's no stopping it.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Wow, there's a lot of BSC going on over there. Hey, do you think the Knot should start another board called "Not dating yet!" for women who have their whole weddings planned down to the wire but who are not currently dating anyone? I'd read that.
  • Oh Manda, genius!  That would be amazing.
  • I would so read that, manda. 
  • Manda, I think there was a story somewhere on NEY about a woman who bought a wedding dress before she was even in a relationship. If I wer a guy, nothing would make me run for the hills faster than realizing I was dating a woman who already owned a dress for "someday." (To be fair, she said she got a great deal on it, and that's why she bought it!)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-glad-new-format-didnt-change-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c7251a53-cda7-4ed0-a264-4fc0bd0ebe0aPost:58de35d5-d6a3-457e-a392-7b1669d09cca">Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm so glad the new format didn't change some things. : I think this is maybe the one thing that could make me bust out "Um, no... IT'S MY DAY," ever.

Me too.  Or, actually, I'd probably just un-invite this pair.  Seriously.  Not worth it.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards