Wedding Party

MOH no longer close

One of the first things I did after I got engaged was ask my then best friend to be my maid of honor. But in the several months since then, she and I have grown apart and are no longer best friends. I have however grown extremely close with another friend who is still in my bridal party but I would very much like her to be my MOH instead of my old best friend. But I don't want to hurt her feelings. How should I handle this?

Re: MOH no longer close

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-longer-close?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:1ee2fc45-e16d-42c5-a593-a743996e40a2Post:28ae0fa4-c292-4437-8327-2533ccde8c92">Re: MOH no longer close</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clearly you didn't bother to read the 900 other posts on this SAME topic. Therefore, I refuse to answer until you've done your research.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>^</div>
  • There is definitely more to this story. WHY are you no longer close?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Go ahead and demote her.  That totally won't end the friendship and have everyone talking behind your back about what a bridezilla you are.

MOH is just a title.  What good will demoting her do?  What good will promoting someone else do?

All you'll do is create drama.  Have fun with that.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Ditto Malphabet.

But is there more to this story??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-longer-close?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:1ee2fc45-e16d-42c5-a593-a743996e40a2Post:28ae0fa4-c292-4437-8327-2533ccde8c92">Re: MOH no longer close</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clearly you didn't bother to read the 900 other posts on this SAME topic. Therefore, I refuse to answer until you've done your research.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Umm. Excuse me, she is a UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE and her situation is DIFFERENT.</div><div>
    </div><div>Obviously. Gawd.</div>
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards