Mississippi

Mississippi Bride

I have been looking around the Mississippi board and there is just not much action!

I am from Columbus... Getting married on Sept 4th, 2010... I am a total DIY... This means I have to travel to get alot of my supplies... I am having a hard time finding a cake... But I am very excited to marry my BestFriend!

Re: Mississippi Bride

• jmordecaijmordecai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Columbus too & am getting married on October 2, 2010.  Where are you getting married??  I'm also DIY!!!  Tuscaloosa is going to be your friend for all the craft stores!!  I'm having my mother in law make our cake, but I can give you the names of several people from just over the line in AL that do good cakes for alot cheaper than normal.  One of them is my back up in case something happens and my MOL decides to not do ours.  Just let me know.  Who is doing your photos??
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girls! I am also a DIY bride in south mississippi. I am thinking of using white ostrich feathers at the reception, but they are kind of pricey and I'm on a super tight budget. Do ya'll know of any avenues for these? I've checed Ebay and done alot of internet searching. I also know of a great photographer in Jackson and he travels. website is followellfotography.com. He's amazing and a great guy on top of it! Glad to see you on here. This board is typically pretty dead :)
  • edited December 2011
    Jmordecai- We are prob getting married in AL(not sure yet)... but we reserved Lake Lowndes for our reception.. our photograher is a girl from Amory who just is getting started... she has done it for years as a hobby... she is a friend of my bosses, and I like her work...

my email is amichelle09@ymail.com , this is also my facebook email,,, i am very interested in the numbers of cakes!

ashlynn- I dont know about feathers! Sorry.. hope you find some!

Thanks girls for the reply!
  • Mary0897Mary0897 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a MS bride that was planning on getting married in New Orleans BUT after two months of headaches and heartaches I have decided to go else where, so I might be back to planning a wedding here in MS.  New Orleans was too expensive for what I was wanting and too much trouble.  I'm actually considering eloping and then coming back for a big reception, anybody done this and have advcie?!?
  • edited December 2011
    I know it doesnt seem like much is goes on over here..lol.I came here to maybe swap ideas with local brides I mean come on I know Im not the only bride getting married a  Aug.,from southern Ms., come on ladies let get it together..lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards