Snarky Brides

Can we talk about spirits?

I've gotten really curious about this subject over the past little while, and noticed it's a bit awkward to discuss with people IRL.

-Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not?

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels?

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings?

Re: Can we talk about spirits?

• edited March 2012
    And here I was all ready to talk about booze....

-Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not? Do you mean like ghosts? No. Because I believe that when people die they do not stick around.

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels? I do believe in angels and demons and wouldn't consider them spirits.

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? I would not allow a ouija board in my house, I think it opens doors that you might not be able to close (to demons, not spirits). It's just not something I would ever mess with. I've heard some freaky stories about them too.

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings? No and no.
  • Love this topic.  I believe in ghosts/spirits and I don't care who knows it, even if I do sound like a nutter.

-Do you believe in spirits?  Yes Why or why not?  Lots of family history of experiences

-Good ones? Yes Bad ones? Yes Demons, angels?  Yes

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits?  Yes Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?  Stay thefuck away from those things.  Seriously.

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Yes, quite a few actually Any personal experiences besides sightings? I am unsure of my personal experiences - they could be genuine but could also be explained by other things.  Also it sounds nuts, but my great-grandmother comes to us as a hummingbird.  Plus, my husband and his friend have both seen ghosts.
    panther
  • AATB and Nicole, can you tell me any stories you've heard?

I think I sound like a nutter, lately, too, but I've just become so goddamn curious.
  • I've told some stories on here before Karlee, but they are lengthy, so give me a few minutes and I'll write you a damn novel :)
    panther
  • ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Do you believe in spirits? yes Why or why not? I believe they exsist because for one reason or another they were unable to pass on to another life.  aka unfinished business, protection of someone, etc

-Good ones? yes Bad ones? yes Demons, angels?  Not sure I would call them demons or angels, but rather spirits who have good or evil intentions.

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? yes Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?  they scare me, I believe, like Nicole above, that is a door that I do not want to open.

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? My mom has seen one in the current house I live in.  Any personal experiences besides sightings?  I always felt an evil presence in the house I grew up in.  I always had the worst feelings when I was in our basement.  Years later I learned that our house had been owned by a Physician who preformed abortions in the 1950-1960's in the basement.  At the house I currently live in, I will sometimes here chatter and glasses clinking almost like a cocktail party is going on.  I will get up to see if I left the TV on for some weird reason and nothing, no TV, just silence.  My FI's mom (who has passed) was known for her kickbutt cocktail parties.  FI's mom is the same person whom my mom saw one day when she was using the sewing box to mend something for me. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I do believe in them, both good and bad, but I think messing around with them is a terrible idea. I have never SEEN one, but I've experienced things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:af32fc00-c667-4c06-b7aa-c27ab3d02180">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've told some stories on here before Karlee, but they are lengthy, so give me a few minutes and I'll write you a damn novel :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I want to hear too!

Karlee- this stuff scares the shiit out if me but I'm also so interested in it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not? Yes.  Personal "experience" and I think they are brought up enough by society that they should be taken into account.

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels? Yes x4

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? I'm sure there are. Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? BADLY creep me out, no personal experience specifically towards that but I do think that summoning spirits can cause some crazy shiit in your life.

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? See? No. Any personal experiences besides sightings? When I was younger I was never a believer.  I had a gymnastics camp over the summer for all of us who were competing in meets coming up.  I remember one of the girls would bring us to this old dark and dingy locker room and play Bloody Mary and try and conjure up all sorts of crap.  We never saw anything but not too long afterwards there were crazy noises coming from the room and there was always a weird dark shadow in the back most corner and whenever you walked in it was freezing and I always instantly felt paralyzed in fear.  Normally, shadows do not induce fear in me ;) 

• edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:f4b15629-1748-4a82-aec0-32e2eb5b160c">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB and Nicole, can you tell me any stories you've heard? I think I sound like a nutter, lately, too, but I've just become so goddamn curious.
    Posted by KarleeKrause35[/QUOTE]

My youth pastor in HS, Travis, was raised in a Christian home, but in his young adult years he kind of turned his back on God, began drinking and partying. He was at this party where they had a ouija board, and they were asking it questions like 'prove to us you're real.' He said the kitchen cupboards flew open and cereal boxes came tumbling out, so they knew there was something to this. It spelled something about hating and they asked it 'Who do you hate?' and it pointed to Travis, the only one in the group that had any kind of a Christian background. It freaked him out so he walked out of the house, went around the house to the back yard and sat on the back porch. His friends were pretty freaked out at this point too, and said that while he walked around the outside of the house the "pointer" if you will, kept pointing at him (like through the outside of the house around to the back porch). Does that make sense? I thought that was pretty creepy.

Another lady said that once she became a Christian she threw her ouija board in the fire and could hear screaming coming from the fire.
  • Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not? Yes I do. I haven't personally experienced one but I have done some reading on the subject, primarily a book on experiments performed in AZ on world-renowned psychics. Super interesting read.

-Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels? Yes- well, good ones and bad ones. I don't want to label demon or angel because I am not particularly religious.

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? I have used Ouija boards when I was younger with my friends. I think I believe in it. I did it once with a friend, made contact, talked for a while. Got up to grab a snack or something, and when we came back in the room, I had forgotten all about it, but I realized the room had a really good feeling to it. Like really positive. It was weird!!

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings? No, I don't know anyone. My mom did have a dream where her sister was crying and saying "help me, help me" so she called her and she confessed she was in a emotionally/physically abusive relationship and needed help.

Another friend of mine says in middle school she was sleeping in her basement with a friend, and she woke up to an apparition of men playing a card game. The friend woke up and saw it also, and they freaked out and ran upstairs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:7f0b3da9-afcb-425f-904b-ddb862dcea1a">Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gotten really curious about this subject over the past little while, and noticed it's a bit awkward to discuss with people IRL. -Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not? -Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels? -Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? - Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings?

1. You mean like ghosts, right? Yes I believe. Very much so. I feel even if I didn't have any experiences, so many other people have that I could not ignore them.

2. I think there can be good or bad, and I *think* I feel for the most part they are former humans whose ghost still lingers for whatever reason. I'm not sure I even believe in heaven or hell, so I am not sure how I feel about demons and angels. I also do not feel like ghosts are trapped here, they just want to be here.

3. I feel like certain people are sensitive or susceptible to seeing or communicating with ghosts. I am not sure about ouiji boards, but have never used one or even seen one before. Seems sort of silly to me. I have never seen a ghost, but I have had feelings or signs that I am not alone. My friend thinks she saw a ghost once, but she is not sure if it was just from mourning her dad.

4. I have just had small communications, like sitting on my bed and feeling someone else sit down next to me, when there is no one there. My ipod going crazy in my car and for some reason changing my direction and heading straight to my friends house, who was having a terrible (as in a bad depression) day.(I believe that was her Dad leading me to help her) Smelling like someone blew smoke right at me when no one is around and all windows are closed. You know, just regular paranormal shiit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:7f0b3da9-afcb-425f-904b-ddb862dcea1a">Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gotten really curious about this subject over the past little while, and noticed it's a bit awkward to discuss with people IRL.
     -Do you believe in spirits? <strong>I'm honestly not sure. </strong>Why or why not? <strong>I find myself struggling with it lately. I feel like my brain gets torn in half thinking about it. I also think I'm scared to both admit or deny their existence.
    </strong>
     -Good ones? Bad ones? Demons, angels? <strong>I WANT to believe in the good ones, because like I've said on here a few times, it brings comfort thinking about good spirits taking care of me. And if I can imagine it being someone I've loved and lost, that gives me comfort. But when it comes to demons, well, I don't want to believe in those.. which, well. It gets confusing.
    </strong>
    -Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? <strong>I don't know about this either. I've never really opened up and discussed this in real life. People get weird and scared about it. </strong> Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? - <strong>My mom told me never to play. It stuck with me. That's not to say that I haven't entertained the idea once or twice.
    </strong>
     Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings? <strong>I know so little about this subject that I'm curious to hear people's experiences. I have not had any of my own. If I have, I've always chalked it up to something else.</strong>
  • -Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not?
    Yes.  Why?  I guess because I can't think of why not. 

I'm sure there are both good and evil spirits - just like humans.  Not so sure on the angels and demons thing but I'm not arrogant enough to say no with certainty.

-Do you think there are ways to communicate with these spirits? Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards?
    I think that there are definitely people who are able to communicate with spirits.  I don't see why it can't be reversed and a spirit use a ouiija board as it's tool. 

- Are you/Do you know someone that can see them? Any personal experiences besides sightings?
    I'm starting to think we have 2 different spirits that like to lurk in our backyard and my blind dog can sense them.  There have been times when she just sits at the end of the patio, facing towards the wall and all of a sudden she'll start wagging her tail and then will flop over for a belly rub like she does if H or I come up to her.  Other times, she'll sit in the same spot and then suddenly come running back towards me with her tail tucked, shivering and will try to hide under my chair. 
  • And when I say I have not "seen" one, I believe I have not seen one, but I am always scared that I will have seen one and they really are ghosts and I wouldn't know.
  • This whole topic kind of freaks me out.  It's great that I've been going in and out of a dark room to use a developer on a floor where no one is since talking about this.  I'm a BIG baby.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:531beb72-0958-448c-bedb-f11b2286e430">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your take on ouiija (sp?) boards? I think that there are definitely people who are able to communicate with spirits. <strong>I don't see why it can't be reversed and a spirit use a ouiija board as it's tool.</strong>  -Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That is a good point. I don't necessarily think the BOARD itself has any special powers, but maybe a spirit might want to fuuck with you and use it to communicate, even though I am sure they have other ways to communicate as well.

So basically, I think fear of the board is silly, but that's not to say that it cannot be used to communicate, just like any other object, only this object can clearly spell out what it wants or what not, so people fear it.
  • For those of you who believe that ouija boards can bring about trouble (I feel this way as well,) What do you think it is about the game that would bring them to the surface? Do you think general curiosity could cause the same to happen? Like, if you were to just start talking to them out loud without the game or séance? Or do you think there is a certain method to it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:fd8a7425-6196-492f-9671-f55fdae48e51">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who believe that ouija boards can bring about trouble (I feel this way as well,) What do you think it is about the game that would bring them to the surface? Do you think general curiosity could cause the same to happen? <strong>Like, if you were to just start talking to them out loud without the game or séance?</strong> Or do you think there is a certain method to it?

I think that if they chose to communicate at that time, they would, but it wouldn't be as clear to people who are not as sensitive to them. So people might not even realize that something was being communicated. Does this make any sense? Like, not everyone can feel or sense paranormal, but with the ouiija board, it's harder to just brush it off, since it's being spelled out, KWIM?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:fd8a7425-6196-492f-9671-f55fdae48e51">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who believe that ouija boards can bring about trouble (I feel this way as well,) What do you think it is about the game that would bring them to the surface? Do you think general curiosity could cause the same to happen? Like, if you were to just start talking to them out loud without the game or séance? Or do you think there is a certain method to it?

I think it usually starts out as general curiousity. I don't think there are special "conditions" necessary like you have to have the board or you have to say a special phrase to bring them about, I think it's more like if you're opening yourself up to it, you don't necessarily know what all that entails. I don't know how/who they choose who to mess with, because I know that plenty of people could be like, "Hey, demon/spirit/whatever, show yourself!" and nothing will happen, but I just don't want to welcome that kind of thing so I will not do anything that even makes that an option.
  • edited March 2012
    K so, my family has a line of heightened psychic abilities on my mother's side.  My great-grandmother, grandma, and mom all had some pretty wicked experiences but it ended with my mom - it got scary enough that she just decided she wanted her kids to have nothing to do with it.

So, my great-grandmother was a pretty awesome psychic/medium.  She had a ton of people coming to her so she could tell them about their futures - and the woman knew what was going to happen.  She could also... uh... make stuff happen.  She dabbled quite a bit in witchcraft/or whatever you wanna call it.  Most of the stuff she did was really simple stuff - she didn't like my (step) grandpa, so she'd tap his coins and they wouldn't work in parking meters.  But one thing she did ended up almost backfiring.

She gave my grandma a silk nightgown and told her if she wore it, my grandpa would love it.  But any time she wore it, she felt absolutely horrible.  She felt heavy, dizzy, and just generally not well.  She mentioned it in passing to my mom, and my mom was like "Wtf?  And grandmother gave that to you?  You need to burn it."  So they took it out back, put the nightgown on the firepit and tried to burn it.  But it wouldn't catch fire.  They used lighter fluid - nothing.  Eventually they finally got the thing to start burning but it didn't ignite like you'd think a silk nightgown would - the flames were very subdued, as if the damn thing was resisting.  And both say they heard faint screams coming from the flames.

My great-grandmother had lots of run-ins with spirits because she did actively try to communicate with them.  They had some things break, or move, or general strange occurences around the house.  One spirit got particularly violent with her and would shove her sometimes.  My great-grandfather watched her get flipped over an ironing board. 

My mom spent a great deal of time with my grandmother learning about all this stuff, and she was starting to really enjoy it, but one day she was doing homework in her bedroom when her entire room was rocked by what she thought was an earthquake.  Everything in the room started just violently convulsing, and when it was over she ran out to the living room and asked her parents if they felt it, but they didn't.  My mom had experimented with ouija boards and other writing methods to speak to spirits, but after that, she quit. 

My uncle also had an experience in my mom's bedroom - after my mom got married and moved to ND, my uncle lived in there.  One night, he was going to sleep when he heard breathing.   He turned on the light and looked around to see if one of the family dogs or cats was in the room, but he was alone.  When he turned the light back off and went back to bed, the breathing started again - only this time, it was right into his face.  He says it was hot, smelly and very scary.  He ran out of there and has never been back inside.

My great-grandmother gave my mother and my aunt dream interpretation books.  After my mom moved to ND, she did bring it with her but put it in the attic and didn't think of it for years until one night she had a dream she couldn't shake, so she decided to go and see what it meant.  While she was sitting on the couch looking through the book, the phone rang.  It was my aunt.  She'd had a dream the night before and wanted to interpret the dream, but it had been years since she'd looked in her own dreambook and couldn't find it, so she wanted my mom to look up her dream for her.  Also, they had the same dream.  She burned the book after that.

My great-grandmother always told my mom's family that if she could find a way to come back after death, she would.  The week after she died and her funeral was being planned, my grandma was repeatedly harrassed by a hummingbird.  My grandma has her own abilities and most people would probably shrug that off, but she insists that every time she is visited by a hummingbird, it's great-grandmother.  We've all been visited by hummingbirds in fairly strange circumstances - it's hard to explain, and it sounds completely nuts, but I know it's her.  A hummingbird and a dust devil came up on my grandma, grandpa and aunt when they were visiting my great-grandmother's grave about a year ago, and they hadn't been there for several years.  They say it was like she was pissed that they hadn't been by to see her.

My grandparent's house was active for a long time, but when things started getting scary, my grandma went around the house and blessed it.  She put angels above the doors in all the rooms and nothing happened for YEARS.  Not until I came to visit with my ex-boyfriend.  A few days before we came, my grandpa was visited in the middle of the night by a man dressed in white.  The man stood at the edge of the bed, just staring at my grandpa.  My grandpa was a little spooked and yelled, "What are you doing!?" and the man turned around, hugged the TV (wtf?) and then ran down the hall.  My grandmother was visited the same night by the same spirit, at the same time.  Also, on the same night, my aunt (who we are currently estranged from because of her alcoholism) was visited by a man in black. 

While my bf and I were visiting, I was mentally preparing to break up with him.  I'd written an email to Ben about how I was basically falling in love with him and that I wanted to leave my bf, but I had to wait until after this trip since we'd been planning it for a while (lol, this sounds so terrible).  While we were there, I didn't want my family to know that this guy was done for, so I just carried on like there was nothing wrong.  It wasn't hard, because I did love the guy on a level, but I didn't give any signs that I wasn't into him.  My grandma knew better though.  One day when he was in the shower she asked me, "I need to know, about your friend... Is he on his way out?"  And I completely lied to her face, mostly because I was just trying to protect my bf.  But a couple weeks after we'd come home, I called her just to visit, and she asked me how my bf was taking the breakup.  I hadn't even told my parents about the breakup yet.

I can tell sometimes that if I wanted to, I could do the same things my great-grandma, grandma and mom all did.  I really think anyone can do them, but I think some people are more sensitive to it.  I just choose to not even go there.  Any paranormal experience I've had has scared the ever loving shiit out of me - friendly or not.  Mostly because I struggle with the idea that sometimes, demons can trick you.  They can make you believe that what's happening is harmless, when it's really sinister.  Or, it's just scary to think that spirits of fellow humans can be trapped on earth.  It's kind of heartbreaking to me, really - because they should be able to move on, you know?  So yeah.  I don't touch anything or try to provoke anything.  And I have no problem envoking the name of Christ if I ever feel threatened.

So yeah.  That's the jist of my family stuff.  Long enough?

The house Ben and his buddies rented in college, they say, was haunted.  Two of them saw the spirit of a little girl in the basement.  Ben saw her when he was down there vacuuming, preparing for a party.  She was sitting on the stairs and he said she was wearing a little white dress, like a church dress.  His bff won't even talk about what he saw in the basement.
    panther
  • I agree with AwShitShan (that's how your name sounds in my head).  I think a board is simply the most obvious form of communication but there are other ways to send out an invite (human to spirit). 
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    -Do you believe in spirits? Why or why not?
    Yes, I do. Because I have felt them around me and have seen one.

Good ones. I have never seen a bad spirit. I think bad spirits want to escape as soon as possible, so we never see them. I believe in angels, but not demons.

I think they communicate with us by letting us see them and giving us comfort. I think we can talk to them through thoughts. And they know when we need them most.

I have seen my aunt after she died, and she comforted me through a seizure. I have smelled my grandma's perfume and felt her near me.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh and PS - this is kinda funny - but last week my mom and sisters were in town and we were out to lunch.  One of my sisters was talking about how she heard one day that if you randomly wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning, it means that someone's watching you.  Then she had a creepy ass dream about it.

That night, I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night - and I shiit you not, there was someone standing at the foot of our bed looking at me.  And I screamed so freaking loud, I woke up poor Ben, scared him to death and probably our neighbors too.  No one was in our room, but guess who was looking at me?  Lucy, lol.  She was standing on the bed, just looking at me.  The time was 2:30 am.

But yeah, if I do think I see a man in my bedroom at night, I will scream bloody murder because I have good reason to believe it could happen.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:a35e7c0e-6fbf-46e8-a1b7-93367a7ac1c3">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we talk about spirits? : My youth pastor in HS, Travis, was raised in a Christian home, but in his young adult years he kind of turned his back on God, began drinking and partying. He was at this party where they had a ouija board, and they were asking it questions like 'prove to us you're real.' He said the kitchen cupboards flew open and cereal boxes came tumbling out, so they knew there was something to this. It spelled something about hating and they asked it 'Who do you hate?' and it pointed to Travis, the only one in the group that had any kind of a Christian background. It freaked him out so he walked out of the house, went around the house to the back yard and sat on the back porch. His friends were pretty freaked out at this point too, and said that while he walked around the outside of the house the "pointer" if you will, kept pointing at him (like through the outside of the house around to the back porch). Does that make sense? I thought that was pretty creepy. Another lady said that once she became a Christian she threw her ouija board in the fire and could hear screaming coming from the fire.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

After my mom turned her back on what she was messing around with and became a stronger Christian, she went to a party where the kids were playing with a ouija board.  It stopped working when she got there.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:abe414a6-5def-49b1-9721-9906e267530a">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I really think anyone can do them, but I think some people are more sensitive to it.  I just choose to not even go there.  Any paranormal experience I've had has scared the ever loving shiit out of me - friendly or not.  <strong>Mostly because I struggle with the idea that sometimes, demons can trick you.  They can make you believe that what's happening is harmless, when it's really sinister. 
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. That is why I say you don't even go down that road because you don't necessarily know what you're getting into.
  • Thanks for the perma-chills AATB. I have heard of the "witching hours" or what not. My mom thinks I have sleep apnea or something, but as far back as I can remember I wake up at 2am 90% of nights. It freaks me out sometimes, but I am so used to it by now it just seems normal to me.
  • I thought this thread was going to be about alcohol....
  • I don't know quite how to explain what I believe. I do believe in spirits, but not demons or angels. I believe spirits can be happy, sad, angry, etc. but I believe that for the most part the spirits can't or don't interact with the living.

Mostly what I believe is that a spirit can leave a feeling or impression upon someone, or something like a room or specific location.

My grandma died when I was four. Her older sister Venice died 10-15 years before I was born and no one talked about her much. Right after my grandma died my parents overheard me talking to "myself" and when they asked me what I was talking about, I told them, "I'm talking to Grandma about how much fun her and Venice are having." I'd never met or heard of Venice. I don't remember it, but I often get the impression that my grandma is "with me" when I'm going through something particularly happy or difficult.
  • I'm in good company then Mrs.Jesse :)

Did you guys know that I dreamed about the Fort Hood shooting the night before it happened?  That sucked.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-we-talk-about-spirits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54b70b9b-5345-42a0-935c-2a1ee2ceaaffPost:f67771c5-1ea2-41b8-bf68-0bae6c0429c8">Re: Can we talk about spirits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in good company then Mrs.Jesse :) Did you guys know that I dreamed about the Fort Hood shooting the night before it happened?  That sucked.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's awful! :( My friend dreamed that her dad was killed in a snowmobiling accident and was really freaked out about it and it ended up happening like 2 days later. SO sad. I can't imagine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards