Colorado-Denver

I HATE STREET SWEEPING

Being a teacher, I am not usually parked on the street in the middle of the week, except for June and July. 

I got a ticket right in front of my fricking house this morning because its street sweeping day ARRGGHHH!!!\
I gotta remember that tomorrow is sweeping for the west side of my street.  Screw you Denver parking enforcement.

Does this drive anyone else crazy?

Re: I HATE STREET SWEEPING

• edited December 2011
    yes! omg, my complex they did sweeping and painting and they would've towed me if i were there

so i went to my parents............it's a good thing they don't street sweep in englewood.......haha...

oh, my other fave thing about denver in summer? road repair........aahh...jackhammers, cement mixers and lines of trafffic? it must be summer
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I don't live in Denver area but we have a street sweeper that comes on thursdays but there are no signs about not parking on the streets that day so i have never got a ticket thank god!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is why I don't live in Denver proper...or anywhere that does street sweeping!  I like living in the 'burbs where we can park in our garage :) 

Sorry you got a ticket...that is never fun! :(
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011

YellUgh! That sucks! We have street sweepers...but they do it SO randomly we never know when they are gonna do it! We have never gotten a ticket, thank goodness!

On a side note, the street painters don't inform when they are going to be painting (IDK if they have to or not). FI car (he loves his baby, 1986 IROC Z-28 camaro, gorgeous blue sparkly paint job in perfect condition) was parked in front of our house because we were having issues with the garage. I go out to my car to run errands a while back and about had a heart attack!!!! THERE WAS YELLOW PAINT ALL OVER HIS CAMARO! It was windy (as it always is in Greeley) and it got all over his car!  Needless to say, I didn't tell him about it until after I took it to a local car wash and had it hand washed for him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree! Had to create this Facebook page if any Denver residents are interested in joining :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards