Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hotel Palomar?

Has anyone tried to set up a room block for wedding guest at Hotel Palomar? I was wondering if they give good rates or are willing to negotiate. Just wanted to know what I was getting myself into before I tried calling. Thanks!

Re: Hotel Palomar?

• edited December 2011
    I want to know too, although my wedding is not for 11 months, hehe. I heard they are "reasonable" but that means different things to different people :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donnaaries used it for her wedding weekend.  Hopefully she'll chime in later.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I did block at Hotel Palomar for my wedding.  I negotiated with them and got a rate of $110/night for a standard king or double room, which in my mind is a great rate for this hotel!  They don't do the "bridal suite" for free deal like some other hotels, but since their guest rate was so awesome, we went with them.

The only catch is that they require valet parking for all guests, which is $20/day with unlimited in/out privileges on top of the room rate.  I still thought it was a great deal for the type of hotel that Palomar is.

They did give us a discount for the Presidential Suite for the bridal suite, but it was still like $400/night.  But it had two bedrooms and three bathrooms, so it was awesome to have that for the whole weekend to get ready with the bridesmaids and stuff.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Donna. That's not too bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about this hotel too, For the reception, and guests.  I love the location, and its pet friendly!

But I havent called to find out rates and what not. So this is good to know :)
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards