New York-Hudson Valley
Options

1st meeting with photographer - what to ask?

Hey Gals

we are meeting with our first potential photographer tomorrow night and wanted to know what questions I should ask at our first meeting? Any tips?

We are meeting with Jimi Ferrara, any feedback?

Thanks!
October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1st meeting with photographer - what to ask?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Get details on his wedding day plan - what time does he show up? How long does he stay at the reception?  How many pictures should  you expect?  How long until you see proofs?  How long until you get your album?  It is just him or does he have a second photographer with him?  Do you own the negatives? If not, what is the price for reprints? 
    Look at some of his work, get names of references and call them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. Also ask, if you don't own the images outright, can you buy them? and for how much? And if you wait (6 months or a year) what would the price be then?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ask about the pricing for different albums too. A lot of photographers offer many different album styles but they will just rattle them off to you instead of pricing them out for you.
    Also, ask if you can substitute some items in the packages for others.
    Ask if they do a pre wedding photo shoot.
    Ask if they have any specific locations that they recommend  other than the venue for doing group shots.
    Be sure to ask if they have photographed any weddings at your venue, church or reception site etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    posadagirl20posadagirl20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    all great advice......Ask if he includes engagement pics if your interested in doing them.. (I regret not doing them)..See if how much he is willing to work within your budget. See if he puts the pics on a webite for people to buy..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gals! all of your advice was great.

Now tell me if I'm crazy.....

Although we really really liked his style, work and personality his pricing seems a little high... is this package a good or bad price?:

10 hours of shotting
    photographer + second shooter
    $4000 album credit (basically one large album and 2 parent albums)
    disc of all images
    enagament shoot at his studio

All of this for $7300
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting all of that except the album credit from my photographer, but 12 hours time, and our package is under 2000...so for me that sounds crazy high.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge:Favorite Snack
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds insane to me. I am getting the engagement photo session, 9x14 album, and a disc of all the pictures. For parent albums it is $250 each. I am getting that for a lot less then that at EID Photgraphy. Elissa is great, her work, her personality, everything. $7,300 just seems insane to me. Elissa is in Poughkeepsie, I would highly recomend her. Even if you don't use her I would look elsewhere. That just seems way way too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards