Outdoor Weddings
Options

Wedding colors dont match wedding month....

I really enjoy the colors of plum/purple and a bamboo green for my wedding. We will be having an outdoor garden wedding, most likely in Florida. I was originally thinking of a may wedding, but that leaves a high risk for rain. I also like the idea of an October wedding, which is less of a rain risk in Fl. But my dilemma is this: the purple and green that I like are more of a spring setting, and I do not like the orange, browns and red that typically go with a fall wedding. So any suggestions?

Re: Wedding colors dont match wedding month....

• Options
    It's your wedding so ultimately you decide the colors you want for your special day. That being said, you can always adjust the shade of color, depending on the type of year. If you got married in May, you could use a plum-type purple... If you ended up with an October wedding, maybe you could adjust that to more of a darker, eggplant purple...  Bamboo green would be a nice compliment to either shade and no one is going to really object to your colors anyway. Go with what you and your FI like.
  • Options
    I'm with cwill, I don't believe you have to match your colors to the season/month unless you're doing a specific theme... if your decor is "fall" themed items (leaves, etc), then the plum/bamboo probably wouldn't match. However I think a dark purple (especially plum or eggplant) is a beautiful color, especially with the bamboo, and can go with any time of year.
  • Options
    I think plum and bamboo is fine for fall-- maybe you could incorporate actual purple plums and green apples, both in season around that time. :)
  • Options
    I think it would work fine. Its not like your doing bright colors durring fall.
  • Options
    it's your wedding.

• Options
    I'm doing a few different shades of purple for an outdoor October wedding, like everyone's said - it's YOUR wedding. If you love it, do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I live in Florida, and even though October is fall, it is definately sunny and hot still so we still have a good setting for the colors, especially in a garden type venue.  Stick with what you like, not "the season."
  • Options
    just remember too if you're having your wedding in FL, of course depending on where, there are no fall colors. it's pretty much green all the time, so any colors you want will not be affected by your surroundings...and i concur w/ everyone, it's your wedding, do what makes you happy!!!
  • Options
    Do what you want.  I'm using dark red on Memorial Day weekend.  Also because he's Taiwanese and red is good luck, but it'll be pretty and it's our damn wedding, I don't care what color it should be. 
  • Options
    Do whatever you want!  I'm doing a pale pink/white for an outside September wedding in PA... now that's WAY off season :)
  • Options
    StephanieM22StephanieM22 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_wedding-colors-dont-match-wedding-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:fc2bb7e8-c647-4754-8467-8ad8300ec6d6Post:55e8013e-4f65-44bb-b9cc-723c923a651a">Re: Wedding colors dont match wedding month....</a>:
    [QUOTE]just remember too if you're having your wedding in FL, of course depending on where, there are no fall colors. it's pretty much green all the time, so any colors you want will not be affected by your surroundings...and i concur w/ everyone, it's your wedding, do what makes you happy!!!
    Posted by hose85[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS</div><div>
    </div><div>Since there are no real seasons in Florida (just hurricane, lovebug and snowbird) you will not have different colors in the scenery depending on the time of year. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Since October is at the very end of hurricane season you do still have a chance of rain and the worst storms are at the end of the season. So have a back up plan.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I never got that whole colors have to match the seaon type deal for weddings. It's my wedding and I am having the color I have always wanted: my favorite blue with white and silver for a November wedding. Where I live we dont really have fall, although the month of October is fall-like all the way. It's your wedding and I doubt your guests are going to say "oh my, her color scheme does not match the season at all" LOL. They won't notice or care.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards