Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera

Hello all! My wife and I got married in late June, and we did something pretty cool for our wedding. We put a GoPro high definition video camera in the wedding bouquet. We were able to capture her viewpoint as she walked down the aisle, the ceremony itself, and much of the reception.

It wasn't difficult to do, and the results are something we will always treasure. I wanted to pass along the idea to any other couple that is up for it. We used real touch flowers for the bouquet since it would have been very difficult with real flowers.

Here's a link to a short video we put on youtube that shows the results.

http://youtu.be/VFTujs1CAkQ

I should also mention that I had 2 other video cameras going to capture different angles, and all the important audio. When I edited together our own personal wedding video, I use all the angles, and have the audio for our vows, the music, etc. This is a version I edited for the internet that shows how the camera worked.

Anyway, I highly suggest stealing our idea. Totally worth it!

Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera

• Interesting idea.  Sounds a little spy-camera-esque, but I love the concept of "first person videography" (if that's even a thing).  And GoPros are awesome.
    DSC_9275
  • First of all, unless your wife was holding the bouquet infront of her face, it isn't showing what she was seeng.

Second, I have a feeling you own this company or have stock in it or are somehow connected.  Why on earth would you join just to post this if you are not trying for some free advertising.?  Next time, read the TOS.. Reported.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_our-wedding-bouquet-video-camera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7e684d0e-5c92-474e-b517-f2411c7d161ePost:2d679e71-5702-47ec-9e97-a4a2da9f39a4">Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, unless your wife was holding the bouquet infront of her face, it isn't showing what she was seeng. Second, I have a feeling you own this company or have stock in it or are somehow connected.  Why on earth would you join just to post this if you are not trying for some free advertising.?  Next time, read the TOS.. Reported.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're not having a good day, and I'm sorry to hear that you think there is some sort of conspiracy here. I'm just sharing an idea that my wife and I did at our wedding last June.

It doesn't sound like you're too familiar with GoPro cameras. I'm flattered that you think I own this company, but if that was the truth, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be spending my time sharing a DIY idea my wife and I came up with.  :-)

If you don't think it's a cool idea, that's one thing, but we came up with some really fun video that we'll treasure for the rest of our lives, and I wanted to share this idea so other people will try it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_our-wedding-bouquet-video-camera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:7e684d0e-5c92-474e-b517-f2411c7d161ePost:3ec3c694-0426-4a86-a6b5-2eecfe925991">Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera : It sounds like you're not having a good day, and I'm sorry to hear that you think there is some sort of conspiracy here. I'm just sharing an idea that my wife and I did at our wedding last June.  It doesn't sound like you're too familiar with GoPro cameras. I'm flattered that you think I own this company, but if that was the truth, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be spending my time sharing a DIY idea my wife and I came up with.  :-) If you don't think it's a cool idea, that's one thing, but we came up with some really fun video that we'll treasure for the rest of our lives, and I wanted to share this idea so other people will try it.
    Posted by benhorne[/QUOTE]

No, I just get annoyed at he endless number of vendors who try to pass themselves off as a B or G to hawk some sort of product (which you so conveniently named again).  And apparently TK agreed with my assessment because your post was removed.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_our-wedding-bouquet-video-camera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7e684d0e-5c92-474e-b517-f2411c7d161ePost:f83a72d4-9e69-4c2e-be4e-57f24b1773dc">Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera : No, I just get annoyed at he endless number of vendors who try to pass themselves off as a B or G to hawk some sort of product (which you so conveniently named again).  And apparently TK agreed with my assessment because your post was removed.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize this forum was so unwelcoming to new members. I'll move along to another forum where members have a greater appreciation for new ideas.
  • What, just because he mentioned the name of the camera?  That's like saying someone who recommends going to Kinkos to get their programs done must obviously work for Kinkos because they mentioned the name of a company.  I'm fairly certain this guy doesn't work for GoPro...
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_our-wedding-bouquet-video-camera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:7e684d0e-5c92-474e-b517-f2411c7d161ePost:13f1f3e3-2b11-4117-9437-c3b1ccb8e5c9">Re: Our Wedding Bouquet Video Camera</a>:
    [QUOTE]What, just because he mentioned the name of the camera?  That's like saying someone who recommends going to Kinkos to get their programs done must obviously work for Kinkos because they mentioned the name of a company.  I'm fairly certain this guy doesn't work for GoPro...
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And a quick google search shows that he appears to be a photographer and really into this art, not the CEO of GoPro.  But I guess it's much easier to hit the report button.  Nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards