July 2012 Weddings

OOT Guest Bags - Share Your Ideas

I know there have been posts on this before, but I thought since we're getting closer to our weddings, we could share our updated ideas on bags for OOT guests. If you are planning on doing these, please share your plans (for the bags as well as what you'll put in them). PIP any inspiration or progress, if you can!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: OOT Guest Bags - Share Your Ideas

• I plan on purchasing paper craft bags such as these

And then inside of them I will include a cute little thank you note along with bottles of water.. a salty snack and a sweet snack.. tums.. gum or mints and then maybe like a granola bar or something.  I am keep them pretty simple.
  • We have no progress so far (except that we are using your "brochure" as our template for ours, hahaha!)

We are planning to use boxes instead of bags, we think. That way, we can decorate them and add some fun stuff to them but not have to stuff them to the brim.

We are planning to do water bottles, gatorades, perhaps some breath mints, and then a few fun things that are local to Indiana that fiance and I like. We will include a little paper about why we included these things. For example, there is an incredible local pretzel shop that we go to all the time, plus a sweets store that has these awesome fruit bars that my fiance used to have me mail to him when we were long distance he loves them so much.

That is all we have right now.....wish we had made more progress on them at this point!
  • edited April 2012
    We're keeping ours simple since we're going to have to make at least 100 of them.

Water bottles, some mints, advil/tylenol, and then some PA-themed things (Herrs potato chips, a Philly soft pretzel, Wawa iced tea, Tastykakes, etc.). Nothing crazy and probably not each one in each bag. I'm going to pillage Costco or something like that the week before the wedding to get supplies for these. It's going to be a last-minute project that I make fiance actually help with. He's been totally 100% checked out recently so I told him this was going to be one of his projects. 

Ours will also be in boxes rather than bags so that I don't have to fill them as much.

We're going to do a cute postcard timeline like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/112801165636688396/(I'm probably going to design it myself and then print it out somewhere like Kinko's). I'm also debating the pamphlet that Bmore sent me . . . but that depends how much extra time I have on my hands!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using this type  (<-----clicky)of bag, with a monogram sticker.

We are putting in:

a thank you for making the trip
    local map
    local chocolates
    a salty snack
    brochures of things to do
    menus from our favorite haunts
    tissues
    mints
    bath salts (found fish/shells)
    water bottles (with wedding labels we DIY)

• @Bridetobe - I'm making that same kind of timeline, too! With our bus pick-ups and multiple locations for the day, I thought it would help clarify things for ppl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore - Are you using a Powerpoint program (or, whatever your Mac version of Powerpoint is, I forget!)? I spent a while one day looking for cute icons/clip art and they were all really ugly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I'm using the Mac powerpoint (Key Note) for the timeline. I spent like an hour tracking down non-ugly clipart for it, lol. I don't know if what I chose is your style, but I'm happy to share the file when I'm home later.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bmore - I would love to see it too! I love those timelines (but am so uncrafty and bad at designing things). 
  • bridetobe, we used microsoft word, (sorry, only picture I have with me at work)  timeline is on the left, map that went in invites on right.

• ski2play - that's really cute! I love the way you did the different colors for each section heading.

butterfly- sure, I'll email you tonight. I have your email already from last time :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore - Thanks! If you wouldn't mind sending, that would be super helpful. You may have my email but if not, let me know and I'll resend to you via PM. I really wish there was something I could help YOU with for once!

Ski - That's ADORABLE! I love it. I read some tutorial somewhere about doing a map but it sounded way too complicated for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridetobe - yup, got your email. Will send you file tonight! And hopefully the negotiating advice / tips you gave me last week are going to come in handy with my videographer meeting tomorrow. If that goes well, I think you have done more than your share of helping me :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bmore you are the best - thank you!! my fiance is decent with power point (aka keynote on our macs) so hopefully he will be better at working off of your templates than I am!
  • I threw together a letter from a MS Publisher template I found on TK somewhere (from someone's DIY bio, I think)

The back has directions to/from the church and also the shuttle schedule and things to do in the area.

We're putting water bottles (with labels I created), snacks, candy, Advil, tums, and not sure what else in the bags we got from Oriental Trading.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I love the packaging and style of this one:

We used kraft paper for our invitation envelopes as well so I feel like it's cohesive. I want to include a water bottle (maybe 2), a postcard from here, a timeline with restaurants and things to do around the hotel, 2 homemade chocolate-chip cookies that I'm baking ahead of time and then freezing/thawing, and a small bottle of strawberry wine that my FI makes. Maybe some aspirin or advil too. I'd have to check out the cost on that one. 

That's my goal but if we don't have time for everything I won't be too broken up about it. I care less and less about the little details as time goes on, haha. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_oot-guest-bags-share-your-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:f20a8c4a-d5e9-4633-be2b-bc6e071f6185Post:71dcf106-6bf8-44f3-b4e0-126c6135da2d">Re: OOT Guest Bags - Share Your Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]bridetobe - yup, got your email. Will send you file tonight! And hopefully the negotiating advice / tips you gave me last week are going to come in handy with my videographer meeting tomorrow. If that goes well, I think you have done more than your share of helping me :D
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait I want to hear about these negotiating tips, where was I?!</div>
  • I wish I could have been MORE helpful, but here's the thread she was referring to:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_negotiating-with-vendors

If you have any specific negotiating needs, let me know and I'll come up with some stuff! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    Gosh I used to think I was a good negotiator but after reading that thread I think I could learn a thing or two from you and butterflyjumper! My FI always gets really embarrassed when I try to negotiate so I hardly negotiated with any wedding vendors :-/. He looks at it like we come off as cheap when we negotiate, I wish I could change his opinion it's so frustrating! I still don't have a videographer either though so maybe I'll try some of those suggestions....
  • Haven't purchased everything yet, but:

- 350mL champagne bottles (water bottles or juice for the nondrinkers)
    -cookies- FI and I will make them together beforehand and freeze, 2 of each of our favorite kinds
    - maybe granola bars or some other snacks 
    - a trifold brochure with timeline, restaurant recommendations, description of things in bag, things to do, etc.
    - gumballs like the ones below (just ordered all supplies from Oriental trading)

For the welcome bags?

These are the bags, should be arriving today!
    "Welcome" Gift Bags
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore, you are going to die laughing when you see how horrendously stupid my version of your pretty powerpoint looks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha, what did you do to it??? I want to see!!

Seriously though, let me know if I can help! It may look weird for you b/c I used custom fonts you don't likely have (though they are free).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_oot-guest-bags-share-your-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:f20a8c4a-d5e9-4633-be2b-bc6e071f6185Post:75b24832-c18a-464c-8192-01bfdc15c5d0">Re: OOT Guest Bags - Share Your Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't purchased everything yet, but: - <strong>350mL champagne bottles </strong>(water bottles or juice for the nondrinkers) Posted by toomanychoices17[/QUOTE]

OMG, I want to be a guest at your wedding now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards