Wedding Etiquette Forum

Ever feel like an emotional sponge?

We're watching a program on the Christmas Truce and it's making me cry.  Normally, it wouldn't, but geez.  I think it's so incredibly sad.

Any "Wow, I'm over emotional" moments for you today?

Re: Ever feel like an emotional sponge?

• Always. I've been such a sap about everything. From wedding and house stuff, to the holidays, I really need to get out of this slump.

My mom, brother and I drove past a McD's the other day and kept going on joking about my grandma and how she used to order her 'kiddie meals'. My mom was crying and I had to seriously control myself. It's been almost three years and there's something all the time that can make either one of us cry.
  • I've cried like three times this week. Over dog stuff in a book that wasn't that sad. Which is not completely out of character, but still. It's just a book!

I also cry when people on TV cry. That's a fun disease (I couldn't think of another word) to have, let me tell you.
  • Oh man, GB.  Does that mean you can't watch TV often? lol

• LVB, anything on the other job??
  • I have been such a sap lately. I cried last week when my niece cried because she couldnt come home with me. I cried yesterday looking at newborn pictures our photographer took, and then again last night during 16 and Pregnant. I've also had some mega baby fever as of late, which is ridiculous and kind of terrifying
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ever-feel-like-emotional-sponge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7348f19a-f5b7-405e-8838-9246df5cf48dPost:27dc56bf-4ea4-4ccf-9bd8-f2eae01f0570">Re: Ever feel like an emotional sponge?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My new deodorant is seriously failing me today. I need a glass of wine!!
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

OMG I just hurt my nose snorting at that. Curious how bad deo makes you want wine. Nice correlation there!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Did you know that European deodorant is the major suck?  Cause it is.  It really, really is. 

LVB, I haven't heard anything from my last interview either. Figures.

Thank god that program is over!
  • I burst into tears whenever I feel nervous. Which is a lot. I have a lot of voice-related insecurities, so I hate talking to strangers. I've gotten better at it lately though.
  • I cry when I'm really, really angry, which isn't often, but it's still pretty lame.  Like the sobbing, can't talk, can't breathe, and now no one takes my anger seriously kind of way.  I really hate it.
  • Amoro, as long as I'm at home, I'm fine because I only have my H to make fun of me, but I try not to watch sappy TV with others.
  • I have cried a few times in the last few days. The two that were completely unwarranted and silly were while watching movies. FI came to visit me at my parents' house and while watching Sex in the City I cried when Big chickened out. (Yep my first wedding fear has occurred.) The second was during Harry Potter last night. FI took me to watch it, and there was this one scene that made me tear up.

The other one that comes to mind was brought on by FB. My older sister passed away when we were very young, and my family has always related rainbows as a encouraging sign and remembrance. Well my cousin who is about 6 years younger posted a pic of a rainbow she drew because she was thinking about my sis. Let's just say sobbing followed.
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards