Alaska

Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a scam!

I got a call from Royal Prestige today saying I won a Bridal Package from the wedding fair last month. They said I'd get a 3 day/2 night hotel package, some gift certificates, and a year long subscription to a coupon website. All I had to do was go to a cookware demonstration for their company. I googled them and turns out it's a huge scam! Don't fall for it if you get the call!

I looked up the grocery coupon website and it is definitely a scam. They want you to pay for fees and shipping and they "pay you back" with extra coupons. RIGHT. The website for the hotel accommodations seems cheap and information-less too.

They have a pretty bad report on this consumer website:

Re: Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a scam!

• tamaralenaetamaralenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They called me too, and the whole thing sounded super sketchy. They called and called for about 3 days and finally gave up. I just stopped answering. There was no way I was going to the "presentation" I'm glad you googled it, it had scam written all over it to me too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • cjone2000cjone2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, they called me too, and when I told them my fiance was in Germany and wouldn't be here until the wedding, they said they'd call back then. But I'm moving to Germany right after the wedding and my cell phone will be shut off :) I thought the phone call was a little sketchy and had a feeling it was a pyramid scheme. How did they get my phone number I wonder -- what vendor at the bridal show gave them my cell phone number???
  • cjone2000cjone2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alaska_royal-prestige-bridal-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:75Discussion:9a94dce9-e888-487b-8db7-551dcb780060Post:0d5eb8a1-0679-4c98-9be3-c56c8f913ba5">Re: Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a scam!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They called me too, and the whole thing sounded super sketchy. They called and called for about 3 days and finally gave up. I just stopped answering. There was no way I was going to the "presentation" I'm glad you googled it, it had scam written all over it to me too.
    Posted by tamaralenae[/QUOTE]

What bridal show did you go to?
  • edited December 2011
    they called me today! :S i put my name in drawings at the wedding expo yesterday... it sounded crazy sketchy and i knew better thanks to you guys :)
    imageAnniversary
  • sethandmaiasethandmaia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wondered about that... They started calling me after the Native Heritage Center bridal fair but I haven't answered the phone when I see them on the caller ID. They've called three or four times.
  • edited December 2011
    IT IS KNOT!  I went to the Royal Prestige presentation and was AMAZED by the presentation, their customer service and the product!  Yes!  I purchased Royal Prestige and it has far exceeded my expectations.  The best cookware I have ever seen used and bought.  It's amazing.  If not for the design and solid craftsmanship of the Royal Prestige cookware I would have destroyed any other.  (And possibly my place of residence!)  You see........ I severely burned some chicken breast in the Royal Prestige cookware for over 45 minutes.  No smoke damage, no fire ....just a bad odor in my house.  Anything else would have caught fire and did some major damage.  Not only is Royal Prestige a great investment but it cooks your food easier, healthier and tastier than any other....plus.............it's SAFER!  I recommend Royal Prestige cookware to anybody.
  • slmestadslmestad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I received a call from them shortly after visiting their booth at Bridal ExCYtement at Iowa State (I just wanted the free oven mitt!).  They called saying I won their prize package and I needed to come to a presentation to discuss my gifts.  I was hesitant but decided to go for the free His & Her aprons.  I went to the presentation knowing they were going to pressure me into buying their projects.  A few things to keep in mind if you chose to attend the presentation...

Talk to your fiancé beforehand and discuss if you're interested in purchasing new cookware.  Make a decision about how much you're willing to spend and stick to it.  Do not impulse buy!  No matter how good the deal!  They'll tell you that you'll never get another deal like this if you don't buy tonight and it's impossible to buy after leaving the demonstration.  My fiancé and I told him we would be willing to buy in the future when we could afford it and the salesman said he would bet $1000 dollars that we would never buy.  Last night I told him he was wrong but this morning I realized he was right. 

This morning, I typed "Royal Prestige" into Google to look up their website and packages.  Google prompted me to search "Royal Prestige Scam".  How interesting.  After a lot of research I completely changed my mind about wanting to buy their products.  I did find out that they have a website and if you do want to buy the products after leaving the demonstration, you just have to call the number to attend another demonstration.  I also found postings about this company on several different Bridal website forums that I found very, very interesting. 

When I was called, I was told the company was called "Dinner 4 Two".  Dinner 4 Two is a part of Royal Prestige but when I googled Dinner 4 Two, I didn't see any customer reviews.  Their Facebook page didn't offer much either.  From what I can tell, they use this name because all of the negative publicity is associated with Royal Prestige.  In these forums I've seen links to the BBB with company ratings varying from F to A+.  It seems like this company associates themselves with several names (parent companies, subsidiaries, etc). 

The free gifts all sounds too good to be true because they are.  The grocery coupon package requires you send "shipping and handling funds", the wedding rings require a $25 shipping charge, each, and the champagne flutes cost $20.  I've seen very few people post that they've taken advantage of the vacation deal and if they have, they don't go into a lot of details.  There are a lot of rumors out there that Royal Prestige employees post on forums, websites, etc. saying vague positive comments about the company.  If you have taken advantage of the vacation deal, please post with details!  I am curious if it's valid or easy to use.  When did you go, what was the entertainment like, was the trip hassle free?

I also received a coupon for a free engagement portrait session with a well known photography company in the area.  I’m guessing it’s an indoor, one outfit type thing and they’re hoping you’ll upgrade to a larger package.  I do plan to call them and use it if possible, I’ll report back!  Also, my matching aprons are apparently in the mail… I hope. 

The salespeople are very good at what they do.  They present the product well and they makes you feel like they genuinely cares about you.  I did not buy their products nor do I personally know anyone who has.  There was a lady in the class whose mom had apparently been using the products for 20 years.  It makes me think that they do work, if you use them correctly.  You have to learn their style of cooking.  At the end of the demonstration, they go through the pricing packages and payment plans (which they are usually willing to negotiate) and everyone has a chance to look around and talk about it.  Even when they throw in the “buy a set of cookware, get another package free” deal, stick to your original price budget.  In order to leave you have to have a little discussion with the salesperson about either what you’re going to buy or why you aren’t going to buy another.  They will give you a huge guilt trip if you’re not buying anything but stick to your guns and they’ll give up eventually.  The salesperson will be holding your free gift coupons in their hands while you discuss and then hand them to you very disgruntled if you don’t buy anything. 

Sorry that is such a long post, just a few things I wish I had known about the company before the presentation.  Feel free to still attend the presentation, just know what to expect and consider leaving your credit card numbers and cash at home! 

• edited December 2011
    Did you ever find anyone who'd taken the trip? I got the call today and I was wondering if its even worth going just to take the prizes. If the trip isn't easy to use or there are a lot of hassles associated with it then I don't want to go. 
     If anyone has used the trip please post and let the rest of us know more about it.
    Thanks!
  • kelsey1erinkelsey1erin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your post was super helpful!!! I've been getting calls from Dinner4Two and decided to do a little research first. I haven't seen anything really on the trips except that there are a ton of hidden fees just like with the rings and the coupon book and the champagne glasses. You might even have to sit through timeshare presentations. 

Also I read David's Bridal is at bridal shows and is selling numbers to this company. 
  • Gifford2BGifford2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not a scam. We attended the show and purchased the cookware. There is no harm in going, you receive free stuff and are not required to purchase anything. Their products are amazing! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad I read all of this! I received a call from "dinner 3 two" a few days ago and thought it was really sketchy.  The woman talked so fast sometimes I has a difficult time understanding what type of company it was.  She told me that I had entered in a contest online, which I don't remember doing!  I haven't even been to a bridal show so I have no idea how they got my number.  
    She didn't get to finish explaining what I won further than the vacation because I told her I wouldn't be in town to pick up my package from the hotel she said it would be at.
    She said they can delay my package and she would call me back in 3-6 weeks.
    I think I am just going to ignore the calls from now on!
  • MrsVanCMrsVanC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have read through this post and noticed the ppl calling this business a scam didnt go to the showcase. With that kept in mind I talked the hubby into going just to check it out, and I have to call Shenanigan's, not on the company but on calling something you read reviews on a hoax. I have the 10 piece set and yes if used right it is the best cookware I have ever owned. I have a 50 year warranty so if I ever wanted a new pot because of wear and tear I just call and pay shipping. I got a free 4 person fine china set that too is under warranty with wine glasses included. The food is so savory and with minimal additives (I don't even use salt now). Yes I believe in checking out many things with the internet because it is a wonderful source but you must consider the sources, and sometimes taking a little time to go make your own informed decision. It's extremely unfair to knock products if you haven't viewed them with your own eyes due to hearsay via the internet! I like this post I'm repling to.
  • almstubbealmstubbe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I went to this. We watched the presentation and then we actually purchased pans. I love my pans and dinnerware. I am going to order more plates this month. We didnt use the trip or the coupon saver thing but it was worth going to. You can cook vegatables in no time at all and they are so fresh.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually got a call from them today.  They told me where to go and gave me a claim number to bring with me and a form of id.  Lady sounded nice, I have already told my FI about it but I don't feel quite right about it.  Yes I do agree that unless you have been to one of their presentations you shouldn't comment on it.  If you HAVE I would LOVE to hear from you. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just left the presentation. All I can say great things about this company. You don't have to purchase anything all you need to do is attend the presentation. Without purchasing anything I recieved a 2 night 3 day all inclusive resort to my choice of Bahamas, DR, or Mexico. I also recieved a voucher for two wedding bands, toasting flutes, and matching aprons. We decided to purchase the essentail set which is the smallest set they offer. For my purchase I got 50 dollars off and free mixing bowls. I also got a free 4 day carnival cruise. This is NOT a SCAM. I have all my information in reguards to booking my cruise and my all inclusive resort. I have nothing but good things to say about this company.
  • edited December 2011
    I just received a call from them as well. I was unsure if this was legit, especially with the prizes that are being offered. I do not want to be conned into buy something, especially with trying to save money for a wedding. Hopefully this is legit...
  • ShaylaRenaeShaylaRenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and i went to a presentation last night and we were blown away by the demonstration in which they did cook in front of us. We ended up purchasing the 10 piece set. I got home and out of curiosity googled them and am now terrified that we've been scammed. They say you have three days after your purchase date to cancel but we got them on a saturday and wont be able to reach them till monday! has anyone used the vactions and if anyone knows how to back out of this without a hastle please let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    They just called me today...what should I do?? Should my fiance and I go just to make sure it's a scam...we are both college students and when I got the phone call I was excited...but then I thought it might be a scam. I looked at all this online and now I'm a bit worried....NEED ADVICE!!
  • adellanno123adellanno123 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2015
    these people are scamming people and all you can do is say that the over priced cookwear is great. you obviously work for them and their cookwear sucks.
  • edited December 2011

well put! there are WAY too many posts that are just a little to word for word the scripts their customer service(?) people use when they call you. 

• This post is relevant many months later because this is what came up in my google search after a bridal show.

I figured it was kind of time share like, and now knowing that everything is basically a voucher....that it is very scammy. I understand that they're trying to get people to the show and that's their job. i think it might've been better if they just advertise that it's cookware at the show.

Has anyone noticed that all of the positive reviews on this post are from random people who signed up on the Knot to post the very day that they left the post? I think it's very obvious that they are from Royal Prestige.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • humm well im scheduled to go tonight, if I can drag my fiance I will repost and let you all know how it goes.
  • I just got a call saying I won a bridal package. If its simply a matter of not giving in to a sales pitch, then I'm fine, but of they're trickin and scamming people, I want no part.
  • The creepy thing is that I never even went to a bridal show when I got the call today.  I can't figure out what I did for them to get my info.
  • I got a call from them too and I didn't even go to a bridal show!!  The only place I'd think they got my number from was David's Bridal.  Someone mentioned in an earlier comment that David's Bridal was selling phone numbers to this company!
  • Haha you guys are funny because it's not a scam. I went to the presentation, didn't buy anything and got my free wedding bands and my free 3 day two night hotel stay. You guys should of taken it!
  • emoemuemoemu member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alaska_royal-prestige-bridal-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:75Discussion:9a94dce9-e888-487b-8db7-551dcb780060Post:44fe3689-a99b-496a-9097-143e84d8e770">Re: Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a scam!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely not a scam. We attended the show and purchased the cookware. There is no harm in going, you receive free stuff and are not required to purchase anything. Their products are amazing! 
    Posted by Gifford2B[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd like to note this person has posted twice, and joined the day of this thread to reply... Not fishy at all ;)</div>
  • I have also been getting call after call from this company. (If you live in the Nebraska/Iowa area the number is 515-270-2505). And text messages now too! Unlike most people in this forum, the didn't tell me what I won. All the lady (Trena) said was that I had been picked to win something from them and that all I needed to do was drive to Iowa (I live in Nebraska) and claim my prize.

I couldn't tell you whether this was a scam or not, because I have not gone to the presentation and will not. The negative comments BY FAR outweigh the positives and the fact that only 5% of people think this company is great tells me that it's not worth the risk.

What REALLY upsets me is that bridal fairs allow this company to present at their fairs and the fact that David's Bridal gives them the numbers (just a rumor, but it's probably true) of brides is just shameful and disrespectful.
  • I Just got a call.  They told me that "a friend" put my name into a bridal honeymoon contest at an exhibit in Portland and the Holiday Inn by the Bay last month.  Such Bull Sh*t because I didn't even let people know I was getting married until last week!!!  But I did go to David's Bridal last week.... so obviously they got my number from DB.

NOT COOL.
  • I went to a bridal show in Jan 2012 in STL. My fiance and I went to the presentation, didn't purchase anything but did receive the vouchers for the trip. We haven't booked our trip - yet - but do plan on using it for our honeymoon in December. If anyone has already went on the trip please let me know how it turned out and how much extra you had to pay to go there. I realize nothing is FREE, there is always a catch...just curious how much damange to the wallet the catch will be...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards