August 2013 Weddings

Ceremony time?

What would be your suggestion for sunday ceremony and reception times in august? High temp is 86 degrees

We have the facility from 7ammidnight. Music has to end at 11pm, and we are responsible ourselves for setup/cleanup.

Re: Ceremony time?

• edited November 2012
    I am doing a 3:30pm time for my ceremony. Things that determined that time of day for me:
    1. Natural lighting for photographs (ceremony for me is outside),
    2. Amount of time for the ceremony (for me we are doing minimal so 30-45 minutes)
    3. Time for pictures and cocktail hour going on at same time (1 hour to 2 hours)
    4. Which them makes dinner a reasonable time for the older people 5-6pm
    5. Dancing 6-10 for us

I am sure there is an easier way to figure it out, but we are doing a completely unconventional wedding by going really minimal.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are early birds so we are doing at 10 am ceremony that will last for about 30-45 minutes, about an hour and a half for pictures, and then the reception will start at 12 pm and end at 3 pm.

That being said, the more traditonal way to do it would be a 4:00 or 4:30 ceremony. Maybe denpending on how long your ceremony will take, how far away your two sites are, and how long you need for pictures start your reception around 6 or 7. That will give you plenty of time for music!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The ceremony is being held outside and the reception is at the same site just inside. If eveeyone comes about half the list is out of state, including the officiant. We also have children with about 25 of our guests including our own daughter who will be 10 months old, but I figure we're either fighting with naptime or bedtime with her.
  • xxstardustxxstardust member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    If it's a Sunday, I wouldn't suggest the traditional mid/late afternoon start time. People will be working the next day. I would go with a timeframe more like the one Ashelton's doing - I might do a 10:30/11am ceremony, with a 12-5 reception (if you're doing a cocktail hour/need time for pictures). You could go a little later, maybe 11:30/12 with a 1-6 reception, but I know if I had to work on Monday I wouldn't be able to stay the whole time if your reception was 6-10 or 7-11.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• I'd agree with stardust, unless its Labor Day weekend. I've been to plenty of afternoon weddings where people still drink, dance, and have a blast!
  • Are you doing a break between ceremony and reception for pictures?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I think morning/noontime reception would be fun!

We are doing 5 PM ceremony. Our ceremony is on location with our reception venue, though. So cocktail hour & reception will begin right after our ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Sunday ceremony will be at 6 pm, should last no moret than 30 minutes. Reception is in the same location at the banquet hall until 11 pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right now I'm thinking 2:30 wedding ceremony start time. We will be doing a hebrew naming ceremony for our daughter immediately after. Have appetizers and drinks at 3:30 while we take pictures. Dinner at 5. Dancing, bouquet garter toss, cake cutting beginning at 6.
  • We havent had our meeting with our coordinator yet but I am thinking ours will be around 330-4pm
  • Our ceremony is at 4pm. We are doing it then because we have 1 hour for the ceremony, and 5 hours for the reception. This means, we'll be done by 10pm and can continue the party elsewhere or just go to the hotel and relax.

I am hoping that 4pm won't be to hot since the sun won't be directly overhead.
  • At this point I'm waiting to hear from the officiant and what he thinks of the schedule as he is flying here and it will really depend on what time he wants to travel i realized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards