August 2013 Weddings

Gift Registry Questions

Have any of you started your registries yet? FI and I started looking at things this past weekend, and I already have so many questions! 

First of all, where are you registering?? 

For china/dinnerware, are you going to register for both fine china and casual dinnerware, or choose one or the other? 

Pots and pans - individual peices or a set? 

Are you registering for any home decor items such as picture frames, candle holders, and lamps? 

Any other tips? 

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift Registry Questions

• No we have not registered yet. We will probably do that in spring.

We will be registering at Home Outiftters

We will be registering for both china & casual dinnerware

As for pots & pans we will register for a set.

Of course I am putting picture frames, candle holders,  & other home decor items on the registry!!

There are some pretty good "Ultimate Registry Lists" online. My advice to you would be to print one of those lists then see what applies to you. Walk through your home, See what you have, dont have, & what items may need to be upgraded.

• I am acutally doing something a little different cause we have the "home" stuff mostly and live in a small place. We will be registering at REI and get some camping stuff. We will ask for some pots and pans and register for those separately. Some linens and bedding. We will probably also register at Macys. Haven't thought too hard on it yet.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We plan on registering sometime between November and Febuary. I have looked at stuff though! We are kind of in the same situation as clio073. We have a LOT of stuff already, but it's all hand me downs from FI's grandparents, I want some new stuff, but somethings are staying. 

We are going to register at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and possibly Macy's for the fancy stuff.

I think we're just going to register for casual dinnerware, but I'm not 100% sure yet. 

As for pots & pans we're just going to register for individual pieces because a lot of the stuff we have is fine. Just register for what we need.

Heck yes I am registering for Home Decor items! 

My advice is the same as railwaywife. There are a lot of registry lists on the interent. Most stores even have their own versions on there websites. Take a look through those and see what you need/want versus what you don't!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sarahk620sarahk620 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the advice ladies! FI has lived a group of 6 guys for the past 6 years so he is basically coming with nothing except two giant tv's (haha). I have lived both with roommates and by myself over the past few years, so there is some stuff that I have (most of the big furniture) but there are a lot of things that we still need or I would like to update when we get married. We have never lived together and have spent most of our relationship long distance, so the move-in is going to be a huge change for both of us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sparkellyysparkellyy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We have been living together for 4 years so have mostly everything already. We were originally going to do a honeymoon registry, however, FI is no longer a fan of guests paying for our honeymoon.

We could certainly use a nice new bedding set, some matching dinnerware, and pots and pans. I am sure we will find plenty of other things once we start looking. Definitely some home decor! I think we will be doing this after Christmas as a lot of items get discontinued and can be annoying (from what I've heard from other brides!). I have heard this happens more often then not at Target, BTW.

We will most likely be registering at Macy's, and possibly Bed Bath & Beyond.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_gift-registry-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:f9fef3b2-c844-453a-b3d7-211ae142d45dPost:fdf2d58e-f387-40e0-96d1-38269172e5cc">Re: Gift Registry Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have been living together for 4 years so have mostly everything already. We were originally going to do a honeymoon registry, however, FI is no longer a fan of guests paying for our honeymoon. We could certainly use a nice new bedding set, some matching dinnerware, and pots and pans. I am sure we will find plenty of other things once we start looking. Definitely some home decor! I think we will be doing this after Christmas as a lot of items get discontinued and can be annoying (from what I've heard from other brides!). I have heard this happens more often then not at Target, BTW. We will most likely be registering at Macy's, and possibly Bed Bath & Beyond.
    Posted by sparkellyy[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the FYI sparkellyy! Good to know!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We registered at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Registered for both causual and fine china.

We registered for sets and also individual. Sometimes the sets don't include certain pieces.

As for home decor, I didn't really register for much. Just a vase and candle holder.

Register for items you know you will use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards