Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Calling all creative minds

I need help.  I have just decided to throughout our ceremony we are going to have an acoustic guitar play instead of a piano.  I am having so much trouble with the precessional, recessional, and everything in between.  The only thing I know is I want to walk into over the rainbow.  I don't like all the traditional music that you hear played at just about every other wedding.  I like stuff out of the box.  Any suggestions would be appreciated

Re: Calling all creative minds

• edited December 2011
    Then I would go with the acoustic guitar and pick out contemporary songs.

Here's a little start for you: http://www.acoustic-guitar-weddings.com/romantic-wedding-songs.html

When you talk to a guitar player...ask them what type of music.  Or goto a music store that has books on wedding music for guitars.

It also depends if you want to go with a classical guitar or a contemporary guitar player.

Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally wasn't a fan of any of the songs on that list (sorry!), but I have a different taste in music. I like Ben Harper (we're using his song "Forever"), Sarah Harmer, Chantelle Kreviazik (?), Feist, and we will be using Iron & Wine as well. I've been to a gazillion weddings over the past few years, and I'm tired of all the same old wedding music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards