Wedding Invitations & Paper

STD return address

Who sends these? My parents who are paying for everything or my Fiance and I? If we are then which address do we use? His house or mine (my parent's)? Thanks!

Re: STD return address

• I would use whoever is going to be keeping track of RSVP's. I know you're talking about STD's, but I'd keep it consistent. That's presonal preference, I don't think it really matters too much whose return address it is. If you're living with your parents that may be easier just because if something is sent back return to sender you'll know to update the address for invitations (I know with my fiance, that kind of stuff would just end up in the trash...)
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    Who's paying for the wedding is irrelevant to invitations and STDs.

STDs don't require a reply or any action on the part of the recipients unless they plan to attend the wedding-and even then it's just to wait for an invitation to arrive on that day.  They do require the couple to invite the recipient later on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_std-return-address-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ebc4d937-2da1-4625-8d99-868c5dee9248Post:51205bff-3591-459d-a634-0d501c75c584">Re: STD return address</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would use whoever is going to be keeping track of RSVP's. I know you're talking about STD's, but I'd keep it consistent. That's presonal preference, I don't think it really matters too much whose return address it is. If you're living with your parents that may be easier just because if something is sent back return to sender you'll know to update the address for invitations (I know with my fiance, that kind of stuff would just end up in the trash...)
    Posted by maggieandrey[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with all of this!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While I didn't personally have this issue (paid for my own wedding) I do often use the return address on the STD's I receive as the place I send the gift for the engagement/shower/wedding/etc if it is not otherwise clearly specified.

• I'm not sure what is correct, but H and I put our address as the return address for the STDs but my parents' address as the return address for the invitations, since my dad kept track of the RSVPs.  I don't think it has to be consistent, but that is my personal opinion.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards