Snarky Brides

It's only Tuesday

124»

Re: It's only Tuesday

• Glad K is ok Alli!  Hope your heartrate has gone back to normal too. 

Boobs (sorry Nebb), I bought some swimsuits off Venus last night.  Here's hoping I like them as much as you do. 

We have a ton of Canadian geese at the pond here at work and those little bastards have terrorized our poor day custodian on more than one of his lunch breaks.  The babies sure are cute though (in a so ugly they're cute kind of way). 
  • Someone just posted this on FB - very funny and SFW. Maybe this will cheer everyone up.

http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2012/07/cookie-monster-share-it-maybe.html
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad K is ok, Alli - more scared than hurt.  I did laugh at 'scaring the crap out of him'.  Those slow-motion moments when your child is (maybe) in danger are the worst ever. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Question for you guys-  My FMIL just told me that she and FSIL are getting ready early so that they can come to the salon to take pictures of the two younger girls who are getting their hair curled. Our photographer is going to be there and we are already pushing time/space with who is goign to be there (both Mom's decided they wanted to come this week). I'm also afraid this is going to cause drama because my Mom isn't invited to the salon.  How do I nicely ask them to not come?
    imageVacation
  • p&r.. but morning! miss you ladies. Work has been slammed lately!!!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • alli, did he get a dent? ;) (KW just went through the same thing with her K.) Glad he's alright!

Nebb, I'm disappointed you don't know what loons are.  They're awesome, and I love them. (They're the MN state bird!)  There is something insanely relaxing about their calls too, but I'm biased.  It always brings me back to wakin up at my grandparents lake house hearing them all in the mornings.
  • oh, and I effing HATE Canadian geese. with a passion. I've told you all the story about how I hit one the first time I drove alone after getting my license. Even before that, I hated them. those fuckers are everywhere, as is their poop. EVERYWHERE.
  • Brandi, can you be honest with your FMIL about your concerns because of your mom?  And since you already have your photographer there and space is tight enough, you can use that route too. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e6bb26ee-dff2-4813-97e3-be614311cfd2Post:83a07abf-2aff-4316-9009-c74a2e9cdcc0">Re: It's only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, how would your FI feel about handling his mom and sister?  And using what Girlie said about space contraints and your mom?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

FI said he would, but I'm afraid he won't sugar coat it and just make them feel unwelcome.  Girlie did give some good ideas.  I was thinking of saying this "I know you mentioned coming to the salon to take a few pictures, but I have a few concerns with our timeline that day because we are cutting it close and with my Mom not being invited to the salon I think it may cause more issues.  Our photographer will be there and the other girls will have their cameras so I will be happy to have plenty of pictures taken for you".
    imageVacation
  • Brandi, that sounds good.  She's pretty cool isn't she? 

That's exciting DJ!
  • Yeah she is.  It went over OK. She said that it wasn't an issue  but I think she is a little upset.
    imageVacation
  • Hey, guys. This thread may be dead, but I'm too drained to start a new one.

Update: baby is staying put for now. I had a jillion tests done, and the consensus among the doctors is that this little muppet is likely staying in, at least for another two or three weeks. I'm still to watch myself and monitor for anything out of the ordinary, but I can continue on with life pretty much as normal. Thank you all for the vibes and positive thoughts you sent our way. :)
  • Glad to hear, Sept! I hope you're able to get the house ready in the next few weeks!
    imageVacation
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    That's great news. I am glad to hear that not only is baby planning on staying put but that you don't have to go on bed rest to keep him there. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's good news Sept.  Take care of yourself and the little honeydew. 

Glad it went ok Brandi.  Hopefully she gets over it quickly.  And hang in there, just a few more days to go!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-only-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e6bb26ee-dff2-4813-97e3-be614311cfd2Post:1a679544-3f34-45bc-9db8-d10de1d57d7f">Re: It's only Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]alli, did he get a dent? ;) (KW just went through the same thing with her K.) Glad he's alright!
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

He is indestructable baby! If I fell down 7 stairs, I would be lucky if I wound up covered in bruises and did not break anything. He didn't even get a bump. He managed to basically roll down the stairs, and cried for all of 10-15 seconds. The THUMP he made as he went down each  stair was like a knife in my heart. I think I wound up the worse for wear in the whole thing. My H said he was coming home to install the 2x4, but he said he really just wanted to see him. He felt awful for not getting the gate fixed, but we found the problem when we put it up late Thursday, we went to the Cape Friday, got back very late Sunday, so we haven't had much time. And who would have thought K would master a gate that it takes me 20-30 seconds to open?
  • Sept, that is great news! More cooking time! Take it easy and get some rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards