Getting in Shape

Need to get going on my diet/workout

Hoping to force myself to start my diet/workout routine tomorrow. My mother is offering to pay for me to see a nutritionist and to get a private trainer. Now, I have to hire one, head to the grocery store to put things that are good for me back into the house, buy/download a calorie counter, and most of all...stick to it! Would love some encouragement through this process and hopefully starting this post will help me try to stay more accountable for my actions! Fiance is supportive but he may have his own weight battle to fight prior to our wedding. We are hoping to be the same size we were when we first started dating nearly 5 years ago...wish us luck!

Re: Need to get going on my diet/workout

• GL!
    I'm envious that you have someone paying for your PT and Nutritionist visits! 
    Utilize that time! 
    You said that you want to be the same size you were when you first started dating? You, of course, don't need to give specifics on how much that was and what you are now, but sometimes just saying "I want to lose ___ pounds/sizes" can help hold yourself accountable because you said it to others, not just yourself. 
    Good for you for braving the boards and starting on this fitness journey. You'll only feel better from getting in shape and eating better :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-to-get-going-on-my-dietworkout?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc0a1774-70e8-45ad-a52b-542c29042d2dPost:ad4b5672-932f-4300-ae9f-08415af9d5e0">Re: Need to get going on my diet/workout</a>:
    [QUOTE]GL! I'm envious that you have someone paying for your PT and Nutritionist visits!  Utilize that time!  You said that you want to be the same size you were when you first started dating? You, of course, don't need to give specifics on how much that was and what you are now, but sometimes just saying <strong>"I want to lose ___ pounds/sizes" can help hold yourself accountable because you said it to others, not just yourself</strong>.  Good for you for braving the boards and starting on this fitness journey. You'll only feel better from getting in shape and eating better :) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

This! Definitely know what your goal is and state it! I agree with firsttimers, I am totally jealous someone is paying for that for you!

I recommend myfitness pal for a calorie counter if that's what you're looking for. It's free to download. You can use their website or download the app for your phone. It's helped me tremendously. Also, start posting on the accountability thread we have on here daily. It's a great way to stay motivated. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What made me eat better was my PT. I felt like I had to show him I was doing something since he weighs and measures me.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    What a lucky gal you are!!!  Jump in with both feet and take advantage of such a wonderful gift!  I second the My Fitness Plan and joining the accountabiliy threads.  This is a great place to find support and encouragement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you all for the advise/encouragement! I would like to lose around 30-35 pounds by November/December so changes can be made to my dress as neccesary.
  •  I did just that and it was really not too hard using the Unicus Fitness Wedding Boot Camp system - they have a 14 day melt down that starts you off with a great nutrition program . I  lost 17 pounds in the that 14 day program and I dropped another 20 in the next 39 days they will coach and help you and give you workouts to take to the gym on your smart phone or I actually took and did the workouts at my friends house and did it with her -  I am sooo happy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards