Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Help Needed: How to Decorate Curved L-Shaped Pews (With Photos)

I would love to decorate the pews in the church where we are getting married, and I got really excited about using looped tulle and tying it off with ribbons (as in here).

But the pews at our church are a curved, sort of L-shape, so I don't think the above looping would work. (Here are some photos of the church.)

Has anyone decorated pews like this? Do you think the looping would still work? I live out of state, so unfortunately I can't go into the church to see what it would look like.

Any ideas, thoughts, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Help Needed: How to Decorate Curved L-Shaped Pews (With Photos)

• Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    What beautiful pew arrangements! In looking carefully at the large original picture of them, I think those pews might be shaped somewhat, too. It would surprise me if they weren't. That said, your pews are really really curvy. The only thing I can suggest is to have a friend or family member try it. It would be worth the effort as I haven't ever seen any like those beautiful ties before. Michaels sells something that maybe you could use to anchor them a bit.
  • Options
    I did use pew decorations.  Although the pews at my church are not as curvy, they are very similar.  This is what I made.  They were not that expensive.  I couldn't see the pew decorations you are thinking of, ebay is blocked by my office.

• Options
    Yes, I really really want the pew decorations; the church ceremony means a lot to me.

NYC Mercedes, once I looked at the photos again, I think you're probably right. I think I will ask a friend to do a practice loop for me (and fingers crossed that it works and stays up!).

But if they don't work, I like yours, OliveOilsMom! I could probably even put some kind of fluffy tulle on the ribbon-y loop (instead of the three flowers). That looks really pretty also. Were they very labor-intensive?

Thanks for all the input!
  • Options
    They were very easy to do!  I bought satin ribbon online, 1 1/2 inch.  Then I bought the fabric roses from ebay.  I did one practice loop at my church, to make sure they hung correctly.  Then I used that one loop as my template to hot glue the ribbon together.  Then I hot glued the fabric roses on them.  I did an assembly line where I glued all the loops first, then did all the roses.  It took no time at all!

And the extra ribbon I had left, I gave to my florist to wrap around the BMs bouquets.  So the ribbon went far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards