New York-New York City

Bridal shop recs

Hello ladies, I am a fellow knottie from MD. I am originally from NYC but currently live in MD. Please recommend your bridal shop, I want to go shopping in the city with mom but other then Kleinfeld i don't where to go. Also if you have any reviews on the Macy's by Demetrios in 34th, please share them.

TIA

Sue
:-)

Re: Bridal shop recs

• edited December 2011
    I went to the Rock Center J Crew, Kleinfeld and Bridal Garden.  I also had an appointment at Wedding Atelier but ended up not going there because I found my dress at Kleinfeld. 

I loved the dresses at J Crew but their service sucked.  This was a year ago so maybe they've gotten better.

I've heard other people rave about Bridal Garden but I wasn't impressed.  It's really cramped and the day I went there was a personal shopper in there and she was dominating the entire space so it was a struggle to even try anything on.  Another bride was there at the same time I was and we both went to Kleinfeld afterwards and got dresses there.  It was kinda funny. 
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at RK Bridal which is kind of a warehouse full of dresses.  It's very 'help yourself' but the selection is great as are the prices... It's not your posh salon, though, by any stretch.  Go on a week day, early, like when it opens.  Get Gilda if you can. She's awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, I really appreciate it :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Demetrios @ Macy's on 34th St.  My salesperson was Angela and she was super nice as I didn't have an appointment; I had stopped in by chance and ended up finding my dress there.  I recommend going there!  GL
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Saks and ended up buying my dress there. I also liked Priscilla of Boston, but my particular consultant sucked. I know many people who liked their consultants there though.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks again :-)
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite salon was Amsale, but you have to like the simplicity of their dresses!  I also had a good experience at Mark Ingram.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_bridal-shop-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:062f8a4a-68ae-43da-89d0-4b9867f7c8edPost:83c2b602-c4d5-4be8-bc29-215a02e5df10">Re: Bridal shop recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the Rock Center J Crew, Kleinfeld and Bridal Garden.  I also had an appointment at Wedding Atelier but ended up not going there because I found my dress at Kleinfeld.  I loved the dresses at J Crew but their service sucked.  This was a year ago so maybe they've gotten better. I've heard other people rave about Bridal Garden but I wasn't impressed.  It's really cramped and the day I went there was a personal shopper in there and she was dominating the entire space so it was a struggle to even try anything on.  Another bride was there at the same time I was and we both went to Kleinfeld afterwards and got dresses there.  It was kinda funny. 
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]
    J crew is opening up a bridal store later this month.  I'm really hoping to get my dress there.  
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Amsale also for my dress and loved it.  
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Wedding Atelier, and ask for Jenna if you can. She's awesome! I had a good experience a Priscilla of Boston, although they showed me only dresses at the top of my budget, even though I know there were less expensive ones. I got my dress at Bridal Reflections and had a pretty good experience, although again, they showed me mainly dresses at the top of my budget. My experience at Kleinfeld's was awful, due to my consultant. DON"T use Jacqueline--she was unhelpful and such a downer. I've heard really good things about Mark Ingram Bridal Salon as well. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.designerloftnyc.com/

Hands down my favorite shop in NYC (I didn't have a great experience at KLeinfeld's).
     And they let you takes pics in the dresses!

RK bridal is good for a deal, if you know exactly what you want and are ready to buy, it really is more like a warehouse, you don't get the 'shopping' experience there too much.
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK Bridal rocked.  Very do it yourself, but in terms of selection, hard to beat.
    Also ironically had Gilda, who literally looked at me, and said "i have a dress for you" and VOILA.  It was the dress.

My experience at Kleinfelds was awful.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If your budget is liberal, go to Carolina Herrera.  Madison Ave & 78th

• vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to macys at 34th and it was nice
    wedding atelier was awesome, a little out of my budget though
    went to priscilla of boston for my bridesmaids and didnt like it at all
    wound up getting my dress at pronovias and had a fabulous experience