Massachusetts-Boston

DJ/Entertainment Suggestion

Hi,

My fiancé and I have selected a date (1/21/12) and a location (Barn at Gibbet Hill, Groton MA), but are in need for suggestions for a DJ.  We are looking for someone that will play the music we want (not the music we don’t) and can help run the show, making our reception a fun, party-like atmosphere where everyone is dancing & having a good time.  We don’t need a salesman or someone looking to take over the event (not over the top), just someone to play the music, do some entertainment and keep the party going.

Looking for any suggestions to get the ball rolling.  We have scanned previous posts, but most are outdated.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: DJ/Entertainment Suggestion

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget that you'd like to stay within for your DJ?
  • tash&matt22tash&matt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know how much a DJ would cost for 6 hrs of work (30 min ceremony, 1 hr cocktail hr, 5 hr reception).  Is $1000-$1500 a reasonable price?

We just started our search, so we do not have much to go on at this point.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Curtis Knight is a DJ company that has a lot of DJs they work with. The ones that are mentioned here often are Curtis himself and his wife, Mark Cherone, and Jeanie.
  • bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ John Cristoferi out of Brockton.  He's $800 for 5 hours.
  • edited December 2011
    One who has gotten a lot of buzz lately is Brandon from Beat Train Productions. Good luck!
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Peter from Groove Entertainment.  He was awesome.  We also used them for video and uplights and got a great package.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm using Sheldon Gentles (DJ Shelly Shell) from Randolph. he's a young guy, no "shtick" and will play whatever you ask him to and will stick within that genre.  He works alone or with another emcee if that is what you prefer.  I'm paying $650 for 6 hours. amazing deal.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Aaron Topfer.  Review in bio if you're interested

http://www.1877yourmusic.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Jon Smith of Unique Sounds in Raynham...our meeting with him was amazing, it was like he could completely read what type of music we were into and wanted played at our wedding.  i went with him on a suggestion from a friend, who used him and has been to 4 other weddings with him as the DJ, she raves about him and says people are still talking about her amazing dj over a year later.  we are siked to work with him, however he is a little pricey ($2200 for 6 hours).  DJ was super important to us so we're splurging on him and making up for it with DIY stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    we went to a friend's wedding at brooksby barn on the north shore and there was a DJ company called Beat Train. they had two guys dj'ing and it was a jewish wedding with one of those hora's which was the most fun I had ever had at a wedding.
  • par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tom Bruhl he is on gig masters. We have gone to several events that he has DJ and is very reasonable. Does an excellent job keeping the event running and even will play his own instruments and sing if you would like. We have him booked for our 6 hour reception for 1250 on a Saturday evening  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards