Snarky Brides

What are your vices?

It's too quiet up in here. So, I'll start... -coffee -sparkling wine/amber ale -YA fiction (Twilight, The Mortal Insturments, Hunger Games, etc) -bad reality TV (Jersey Shore, Bachelor) -cheese in all forms -sleeping really, really late And you?

Re: What are your vices?

• -pepsi
    -chocolate covered raisins
    -Survivor Reality Show/Young and Restless (only an occasional vice)
    -napping
    -hot chocolate with amoretto and vanilla vodka
  • Law and Order (SVU - the new guy is a babe)

Cheesy reality TV

Reading

Sudoku

Ice cream sandwichs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    How is it too quiet in here? theres a big thread going on like 9 threads down.
  • Coffee
    Camel Lights (Blue - whatever)
    White wine
    Gas station nachos
    Sandra Bullock movies
  • Beer, wine, and salty foods.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • -Sleep
    -Fatty, sugary, delicious baked goods.

I have simple needs.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

to answer the actual question though:

beer

music

qtips

reading

• polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:3c6f6141-2fdb-45d1-ad10-73d7c7cef2a2">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How is it too quiet in here? theres a big thread going on like 9 threads down.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Unpop ops are NMS, so I wanted to start something different!

ETA: You have piqued my interest with the qtips idea. What do you do with them?

Agreed about SVU and Sandra Bullock movies. I'll also add Samuel L. Jackson movies to that list.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:3c6f6141-2fdb-45d1-ad10-73d7c7cef2a2">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How is it too quiet in here? theres a big thread going on like 9 threads down.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I wondered this too...
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    -Twilight
    -Mexican food
    -Donuts
    -Sleeping late
    -Taking over the entire bed eve though I'm much smaller than H, but getting mad at him for pushing me over to my side
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Special K bars
    Coffee
    The Bachelor- or just TV in general. I fricken love TV.
    Excess sleep
    Hashbrowns and bacon for breakfast every morning
  • Gambling
    Dr. Pepper
    Unhealthy food

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Coffee
    Artifical sweetners trying to give this up
    Sleeping pills
    Tanning - to some
  • Dr. Pepper
    Reading
    Spicy food
    TK
    Anniversary
  • goat cheese.
    Peeps
    gummy worms
    popping pimples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Music
    Cheese
    Sleep
    Booze

jennamarie, goat cheese is the BOMB.  I love it.
  • -geeky TV shows (Buffy, Dr. Who/Torchwood, Sherlock, X-Files...etc). I latch onto a new show and watch the entire series within days/weeks.

-pickles, I've eaten about 5 in the past 20 minutes

-sandwiches, if I could only eat sandwiches and nothing else, I'd be perfectly happy
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i will eat goat cheese on just about anything.

I will add coffee to the vices although thats fairly common. I never thought I'd be the type to just not being able to functin without it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmm...

-Coffee
    -Justified,TWD, 2 broke girls, the original CSI.
    -salty chips, but I'm trying to break that (high BP)
    -TK
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:3e183fce-7169-471f-90a3-8d998ca3ef15">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]-geeky TV shows (<strong>Buffy</strong>, Dr. Who/Torchwood, Sherlock, X-Files...etc). I latch onto a new show and watch the entire series within days/weeks. -pickles, I've eaten about 5 in the past 20 minutes -sandwiches, if I could only eat sandwiches and nothing else, I'd be perfectly happy
    Posted by Nina0528[/QUOTE]

I love Buffy! And Angel.
  • KD, I forgot about salt! That's the worst one for me. I tried eating pickles instead of unhealthy snacks, then I realized that pickles are pretty much salt licks :P
  • - coffee, coffee, coffee
    - cigarettes
    - french fries (FI works in a kitchen and I ask him to bring home a take-out box of fries practically every other night.. terrible addiction..)
    - game shows
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:07d44d48-9d0b-4beb-b878-2b2fc81e04c8">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD, I forgot about salt! That's the worst one for me. I tried eating pickles instead of unhealthy snacks, then I realized that pickles are pretty much salt licks :P
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

My yoga instructor informed me last night that the trick to cutting the salt habit is eating celery. I may have to try that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:69a15da1-657b-4453-a9a8-25952f5b6ec8">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your vices? : My yoga instructor informed me last night that the trick to cutting the salt habit is eating celery. I may have to try that.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely try that! I've been using MyFitnessPal for a while, and I'm doing great in every area except salt. Celery time!
  • Which would be your first vice to give up?  Which would be your last?
  • I really dont feel mine are so bad.

I dont drink often and I quit smoking about 6 years ago.

Rachers- In my experience it's just best to get up one day and not smoke at all. I also quit counting how long it had been since I smoked.
  • Glee (addicted to that show)
    Internet in general...I spend way too much time on TK, FB
    Fast food...need to cut back and start cooking at home more
    Diet Coke
    Going out drinking after work
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:bf802902-ce59-4e56-9e05-2ceb39c24d3a">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd - I think you're probably right. It's weird because I can go days without one, and then one day I'll smoke three or four.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Well good luck! I just kept myself really busy.

It is a hard thing to do, but so worth it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:a6728454-daed-414e-a7c9-0f72521995b8">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which would be your first vice to give up?  Which would be your last?
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That's a really good question! I think I'd most easily give up bad reality TV, but I'd have a hard time giving up sleeping late. I just love lazing around in bed on weekends.
  • Putting aside a pregnancy, which would mean I'd have to give up several all at once, I think the first to go would be nachos.  Last to go would be coffee. 

Pretty sure that once I quit smoking I'll give up the wine for a while too since those two things go hand in hand for me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards