Maryland-Baltimore

Biddle Street Catering, Atlantic Catering - Anyone Use Them? Catering Questions...

We are coming to Baltimore (live in TX currently) to meet with caterers next month and I just wanted to see if anyone has used Biddle Street Catering or Atlantic Catering.  Our venue gave us a list of approved caterers so we're kind of limited.  And these 2 came up as $$ when I searched on TK.  We know we will be spending the most on food and drinks, but we want to be as conservative as we can.  I spoke to Biddle Street and they basically said they can work with us.  If we tell them what we want to spend they'll come up with options for us, which sounds good to me.  I guess I'm just worried about not liking either one and wasting a trip.  How many caterers did you guys meet with before you found one you felt comfortable with and liked the food?  We only have a weekend to figure this out so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible!

I was also trying to find out what $$ is equalivalent to on TK.  Does anyone know? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Biddle Street Catering, Atlantic Catering - Anyone Use Them? Catering Questions...

• edited December 2011
    I am from TX originall as well, but have lived in BMore for a little over a year now. You will find that everything is more expensive here than TX, cost of living is just higher. I dont have experience with either of these places unfortunately to give you advice. But from my experience, most of the places I have looked at are $$$ on TK, and its not terrible, although I would much prefer be in the $$ range (whatever that might be). Most caterers can provide you with sample menus and pricing upon request, especially if you explain the situation and that you want to make sure it is in your budget before traveling, so as not to waste anyones time. I would make sure to also see what all it includes ie: bar, bartenders, tables, chairs, linens (if your venue does not supply some of these things) so that you know that you are comparing apples to apples.

Good Luck! (PS: where in TX are you?)
  • jenn&chadjenn&chad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Houston.  We are in the same situation in reverse!  I grew up in  a Baltimore suburb, met my FI there when I lived in the city and we spent the majority of our relationship there.  The last 1.5 years we've been in Houston because of his job.  We'll probably be here for 2 or 3 more years.  The cost of living here is definitely less expensive than MD, but we're in the city in Houston so in some ways it's equal.  Overall I like Houston.  But we have so many memories in Baltimore and friends/family there, which is why we decided to get married there.  How are you liking B-more?

Thanks for the caterering tips!  We're been doing a lot of research, I was just thinking maybe someone used them and could tell me "yes, the food was delicious!" or "no, not so much" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • browner3browner3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used either catering company but Atlantic Catering was on my short list when we were considering Baltimore as our location.  But we decided to get married down in Southern Maryland where we live.  

My dad actually used to work for Atlantic Catering in high school and he has some great stories, but I've never actually eaten the food.  They have a lot of experience with not only weddings but other catered events(seeing as my dad graduated high school 35 years ago lol) , which I think is great when looking for a caterer.  And if I remember correctly, they have everything you could possibly need, flowers, centerpieces, bar, and food.

Sorry I wasn't much help on the actual food tasting good or quality of service that Atlantic has now, but I figured every little bit of info helps. :)
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_biddle-street-catering-atlantic-catering-anyone-use-catering-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:d932de4a-a01d-44a5-8bb6-968ef4eb7c6ePost:1c6cba16-ccb7-4733-933f-c2631bc6266a">Re: Biddle Street Catering, Atlantic Catering - Anyone Use Them? Catering Questions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't used either catering company but Atlantic Catering was on my short list when we were considering Baltimore as our location.  But we decided to get married down in Southern Maryland where we live.   My dad actually used to work for Atlantic Catering in high school and he has some great stories, but I've never actually eaten the food.  They have a lot of experience with not only weddings but other catered events(seeing as my dad graduated high school 35 years ago lol) , which I think is great when looking for a caterer.  And if I remember correctly, they have everything you could possibly need, flowers, centerpieces, bar, and food. Sorry I wasn't much help on the actual food tasting good or quality of service that Atlantic has now, but I figured every little bit of info helps. :)
    Posted by browner3[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!  It's very helpful and good to know they've been in the business a long time.  By the way your dream HM pic = heaven!  That looks amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_biddle-street-catering-atlantic-catering-anyone-use-catering-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:d932de4a-a01d-44a5-8bb6-968ef4eb7c6ePost:8a59361d-dce5-4403-b147-61ab533642cc">Re: Biddle Street Catering, Atlantic Catering - Anyone Use Them? Catering Questions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't use either, but my old boss used Biddle Street for every Christmas party that we had after using them for his wedding. Their food is delicious and we didn't have any complaints. I'd assume their quality would be the same for a wedding. I did speak with Atlantic when we were looking for caterers and found they were really accommodating and nice. We ended up getting married at BILs restaurant and didn't need a caterer. I don't know exactly what the $$ means, but when I got the quotes from Atlantic they were in the $20-$60 per person range depending on what you wanted to serve.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!!  So it sounds like we can't go wrong meeting with both and seeing what we think. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did the $20 to $60 per person range include bar, or was this food only?

Thank you for your help, trying to hash out if what I really want is that different price wise!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_biddle-street-catering-atlantic-catering-anyone-use-catering-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:d932de4a-a01d-44a5-8bb6-968ef4eb7c6ePost:13fba019-dbca-4740-a93a-06712ccbc5e2">Re: Biddle Street Catering, Atlantic Catering - Anyone Use Them? Catering Questions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did the $20 to $60 per person range include bar, or was this food only? Thank you for your help, trying to hash out if what I really want is that different price wise!
    Posted by harm1781[/QUOTE]

I think that's just including food. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used Atlantic for my wedding in 2009.  I did a big review for WeddingChannel, let me see if I can find the link...

http://local.weddingchannel.com/Wedding-Vendors/Atlantic%20Caterers,%20Inc.-Wedding-Reviews?ProfileId=335182

My review is second from the bottom on the first page.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I used Atlantic for my wedding 3 years ago and I can not say enough good things about them. They were truly amazing and people still talk about how great the food and the service were.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards