Michigan-Detroit

Can I whine a little?

So I spent a couple hours last night cleaning up the apartment since FIL are coming to visit for the day today. I was grumpy about it because FI left all the cleaning to me but whatever it needed to be done. I wake up this morning (to go to work...boo) and FI's plate from when he got home (he works 2nd and usually eats when he gets home) is sitting in the living room and his socks are on the floor. Seriously?

And of course because I had to get up early today, I had an impossible time falling asleep last night. This is going to be a long day.

Thanks for listening. Anyone else?

Re: Can I whine a little?

• edited December 2011
    Since it looks like we are the only ones up right now....I'll listen :0) That sucks...so frustrating when you just want simple things done to make life easier....Id be playing my fav CD on the way to work to get to my happy place ... or treating myself to Starbucks....do something nice for yourself today :0) you deserve it!
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No whining from me today since FI is out of town. Hopefully I won't have to work today. I'm on call, so it is a possibility. If he was here, I would definately have something to agree with you on. He is pretty good at leaving clothes all over the house and dishes too.

Have a wonderful day. At least it finally stopped snowing!
  • edited December 2011

No whinning here unless i can whine about being at work on a Saturday since 7am booohooo. I've been trying to get fiance to put stuff back where they belong for a year it seems lol so let's hope when we move into our house together he will stick to it... fingers crossed

Anniversary

TTC since March 2011
    DX: MFI
    Taking a break from being poked and prodded
  • cwimer6154cwimer6154 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you can whine, I have the same problem!!  I cleaned our house last night because I'm working this morning and we have our invitation lady coming over this afternoon.  I woke up this morning to garbage, dishes and clothing in the livingroom.  I cleaned it up (as I always do) and so it better be clean when I get home!!!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

My advice? (unless it bothers you because you have guests coming, but then just close the bedroom door). Everything that is left around the house, put in their side of the unmade bed for when they return home. Seriously, they'll get the hint....... dirty dishes, dirty clothes, etc. You are partners, not maids.

But be prepared to be told YOU aren't so clean either.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards