October 2012 Weddings

October Wedding in MN

So we would love to have a more fall wedding but our dream reception site is booked every weekend from march till Oct.27th. Is late October/ early November a good time for a wedding. We are both very outdoorsy people so we want pictures outside too.

Re: October Wedding in MN

• It might be a bit chilly in Minnesota, but that's not saying it's not a great time of year to get married.  I would say have an indoor venue that you can take some pics outside at.  Another option is a heated tent, but I"m not certain how warm it'll keep it.
    Rachel Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would post on your local wedding board. They may be able to offer suggestions or give feedback that would be more helpful since they live in that area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know much about MN, but I live in upstate NY and had the same concerns when we were looking at November dates to get an off-season discount at a venue we were considering. I would definitely second PP's recommendation of doing the wedding and reception inside, maybe with some nature-inspired decor or at a venue with an awesome view of the outdoors. You can always do pictures outside, as long as there's not a downpour or a blizzard going on, provided you're willing to get a bit chilly!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards