Chit Chat
Options

Brides with Tattoos...

123457»

Re: Brides with Tattoos...

• Options
    what about one of your bridesmaids getting a huge tatoo on her back that almost looks like a shaw 2 months before the weddingg knowing it is a strapless dress.  She also has the I want to show it off....the problem is...it isn't her wedding and she didnt have that when I asked her to be a bridesmaid.  your thoughts? 
  • Options
    you're going to be told that it's part of her now and you need to love her and not tell a grown woman what to wear. and that's true

but it sounds damn tacky to me, too.
  • Options
    I have three tattoos and they mean a lot to me.  I am covering the one on my wrist because it will be broken up by a large bracelet and don't want it looking odd in my wedding photos.  I refuse to cover the other two.  My Grandparents are also against tattoos, but I have told them that they hold a great deal of meaning to me and are not meant to be disrespectful to anyone.  I say if your tattoo is going to look awkward , with little bits poking out, then cover the top part.  As for Grandma, if you feel you want it to show and she says something, like I said, tell her it means a lot and you know where she stands.  Then she feels considered and you've explained it is not out of disrespect, but signifies your sibling bond.
  • Options
    ms melms mel member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    note to self: Applesbee isn't invited to my wedding.

as someone who is approximately 65% covered in tattoos, I find your comments to be offensive and extremely vapid. It shouldn't matter how much you spend on a dress. Not everyone can spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on a dress. I could, but chose not to. I found a dress that was well in my budget (OMG under a thousand?!?! the trashy horror!) for our destination wedding. I am going to spend the remainder of the thousands of thousands on the getting the other 35% of my body tattooed.

People like you make me sad, and I run into at least ten of you a day. I've had people comment that I probably don't know who my son's father was right in front of my son (when I wasn't engaged to my fiancee) along with the myriad of lame questions, so what do you do for a living?, the stares, and the judgments.

Yes I have a "real job". No I'm not a tattooer. Yes, I have a college degree. Yes, I own a home (and I didn't have to go through predatory lenders and am not about to lose it because of foolishness and ARMs). No, I've never taken any government assistance; and no, I am not trashy. 

I don't need to sit here and defend my honor and class to someone who has the most wretched restaurant as a login name for a wedding website.

Anyhow, my MOH is a tacktooer so she is covered. My dad and step mom will not be pleased to say the least. I think they are the only ones on the planet who do not know the extent to which I am tattooed, but I have decided that it's my day and they will either have to accept it or disown me. I am prepared for the worst, but if that's their decision, then my parents are just as shallow as Applebees.

This will be the best wedding reception, though. Open bar, fake mustaches, and lots of disposable cameras. What more can I say?

ps cew, i like the cut of your jib.
  • Options
    I have three tattoos and I love them all.  They all stand for something in my life and I am very proud of them.  However, I will be covering them up for the wedding. I want to be able to focus on the whole picture, not just my tattoo.  Plus, my sisters are tattoo queens with all kinds of stuff all over their shoulders and backs and legs, etc.  I don't want this to look like an uptown biker ralley. lol.  I want us to look nice.  SO, in fairness to my sisters and friend, I will have mine covered as well.  It's not a matter of being ashamed of the tattoos, it's a matter of everything having a time and place and I don't want that time and place to be my wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    wow, a lot of you are failing to take into consideration that a bride may not like her tattoos...I know I regret the one on the back of my shoulder (a big cross I got at 19, and I don't identify as Christian anymore) and will feel embarrassed for it to show.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards