Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

MAKEUP/LIPSTICK HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ladies!
I am not a big makeup lipstick person. I wear makeup/lipstick on special occasions My April 12, 2013 wedding is the biggest occasion. I am thinking hard about my lipstick choice. My aunt is doing my makeup in vegas i really would like to wear a nice nude lipstick. Do you think nude is the way to go on you're wedding day? Any suggestions will be helpful.
SoontobeMRsSMITH13

Re: MAKEUP/LIPSTICK HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Typically, when you'll be photographed, a bit more bold of a color is better.  Nude lips might fade into your face in photographs.

But, it depends on what's more important to you.  If you prefer the look of nude lipstick in person, or you know that it photographs fine on you, then I say go for it.

I personally used a subtle pink gloss because I hate most lip makeup.  It was fine. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • that is true. ok maybe i will look for a bit of color in a lipgloss

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeuplipstick-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:1a24b8b5-a464-4e31-a171-d44aaa22d972Post:b31ee847-7b31-42dd-8617-d54ebc9ad93b">Re: MAKEUP/LIPSTICK HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Typically, when you'll be photographed, a bit more bold of a color is better.  Nude lips might fade into your face in photographs. But, it depends on what's more important to you.  If you prefer the look of nude lipstick in person, or you know that it photographs fine on you, then I say go for it. I personally used a subtle pink gloss because I hate most lip makeup.  It was fine. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • Can you do a more subtle color that isn't quite nude? Maybe one has purple, pink or red undertones? Or do a nude lipstick with a brighter gloss?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi!  Congratulations on your engagement and getting married in such a nice destination!  Having helped with wedding make-up for 20 years and worked with many photographers, I can tell you that a lipstick that looks beautifully nude on you in your natural light will ruin your photographs.  A few token memorablia items and are photographs are our only tangilbe memories we take with us.

Here's what I suggest:

Remember, in a flash photograph envionment lipsticks photograph 2-4 shades lighter.

Have someone with a flash camera take pictures of you as your try on your lipstick choices.  This will help you chose what will look best on you for your photographs.

You may want something that will wear well and may consider investing a little more on this color.  May I suggest:  Hourglass Opaque Rouge Lipstick, Urban Decay 24/7 Lipliner, Tarte Lipsurgence, Smashbox Megatint, Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture?  Those all wear beautifuly and comfortably.

If I can be any more help feel free to contact me via my web site. Blake Artistry.
    <h1>
    </h1>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_makeuplipstick-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:1a24b8b5-a464-4e31-a171-d44aaa22d972Post:5e813f78-da85-4ec5-b7b8-ab0acd0d2c47">MAKEUP/LIPSTICK HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! I am not a big makeup lipstick person. I wear makeup/lipstick on special occasions My April 12, 2013 wedding is the biggest occasion. I am thinking hard about my lipstick choice. My aunt is doing my makeup in vegas i really would like to wear a nice nude lipstick. Do you think nude is the way to go on you're wedding day? Any suggestions will be helpful.
    Posted by cindarelldoll[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards