Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wedding Invitations- Menu Selection Cards

I'm Looking for suggestions on how to word my menu cards which will be a seperate insert included with my invitations. I like the idea of specifying each persons name that is invited (so guests feel less inclined to bring univited dates or children) for example: Mr. John Doe  __ Will __ Will not be attending. But i also need them to indicate their choice of Chicken Beef or Fish. Should I include an individual RSVP/Meal selection card for each member of the family thats invited? Or should I just listed everyone's name on each card with a place to indicate their meal selection? Please help!

Re: Wedding Invitations- Menu Selection Cards

• Options
    Keep it simple for your guests and just include this on the RSVP.

Kindly reply by the (date)
    M_________
    __number accepting
    __declines

Please initial your choice of entree
    ____chicken ____beef ____fish

There you have the number who will be coming, and you will know who is attending based on the intials. Address the envelope only to who is invited (not Smith Family, or The Doe's) and you should minimize trouble with extra guests/kids. 

• Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wedding-invitations-menu-selection-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:772a300b-83e2-4ea6-8206-33fd44e11809Post:34c72c5b-3b89-44b8-80e8-4f21b67d867e">Re: Wedding Invitations- Menu Selection Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd keep the menu selections on the rsvp card. If you want to prefill names, I'd do it like this: Ms. Jane Doe           __ declines ___ chicken ___beef ___ fish Mr. John Smith         __ declines ___ chicken ___ beef ___ fish I left off __ accepts for the sake of space and since they wouldn't select an entree if they wouldn't be there, but if you have room you could include it. <strong>On my rsvp cards, I didn't include names and went with the "initial next to your entree". While I'm pretty sure all of my guests are above average intelligence, the number of them that wrote 1 or 2 next to their entree selection was pretty high. So if you go that route, just be prepared to make some phone calls to figure out exactly who wants what.</strong>
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.  I did the same thing, and am getting a lot of them back with numbers instead of initials.  However, I figure if a guest can't read directions & initial it, they can trade entrees with their date if I happen to put them down backwards.  I'm also glad I wrote out guest's names in the return address spot as I've already gotten 2 of them back with no name at all otherwise on them.

</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards