African American Weddings

Question of the Day

Do you have any summer vacation plans?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Question of the Day

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm our honeymoon!  LOL

Belize....

Other than that, we're probably going to chill and maybe go to Detroit a couple of times to spend time with FI's family.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hopefully complete the premarital counseling. And take a few weekend getaways with FH.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My birthday is in the summer and I always end up in another state for my bday, so we'll see where we end up this year! I'm hoping for NY again! But, we'll see.
  • edited December 2011
    FI will be home for a short visit in July.  We plan to spend a weekend in Houston, then try to get to NC to see our new granddaughter!!  Trying to decide if I hav enough time off to make it to my sorority Boule' in NYC in July also.  Family reunion in SC in August.  That's about it.... that's enough.  No real vacay though. Cry
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're saving all our vacation for the wedding and HM. I'm taking 3 weeks off for the wedding (wedding week, week after for HM and the third week to do absolutely nothing!). We plan to take a couple of weekend getaways to visit FI's family in NY/NJ and see our first niece who's due in May
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Were saving all our money for the wedding and honeymoon too. Plus my 7yr old starts football camp, and my oldest 16yr old has already started spring ball and continues with football  all summer.  So it's hard to get away so they dont miss anything. I know we will be having alot of DATE NIGHTS and enjoying eachother!! I cant wait for some warmer weather too.
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our HM to Mexico in July... Miami for a few days in August... Orlando for FI's family reunion in July.... Great wolf lodge for my oldest sons bday labor day weekend... A few trips to ocean city in there somewhere
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    To the BEACH! Definitely Ocean City NJ and maybe Wildwood, NJ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    With our weddng being in June, I can't begin to even think past 6/11/11. We might to the Essence Festival in New Orleans for a break.
  • edited December 2011
    @BlissPhilly- I love WildWoods. I had a blast there last year.

Outside of the honeymoon to Nassau, I am taking my girls to Canada for a weekend before school starts.

That's it for me becaue my next move is saving for a house. Staying on budget is key.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_question-of-day-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b0c87d5f-1de1-4378-94e5-a57fd89ce3b2Post:babc3471-b609-4b6b-a1ba-280c11ab5236">Re: Question of the Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ummm our honeymoon!  LOL Belize.... Other than that, we're probably going to chill and maybe go to Detroit a couple of times to spend time with FI's family.
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have family in Detroit too. I'm going in two weeks to visit for a weekend. I haven't been in years so it will be nice to see everyone.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_question-of-day-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b0c87d5f-1de1-4378-94e5-a57fd89ce3b2Post:bbc7839b-f58b-4100-8842-16286c8731dc">Re: Question of the Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question of the Day : Hey, I have family in Detroit too. I'm going in two weeks to visit for a weekend. I haven't been in years so it will be nice to see everyone.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

We usually go every couple of months either for my work or just to visit.  I actually love Detroit now, I always thought I would hate it.  LOL
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cedar Point....We are big kids..lol...and i get to see my sister yay....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hoping Florida with the family!
  • edited December 2011
    I sure hope so, but I can't think of anything past June 4th right now....lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards