Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon at Disney World tips?

Hello everyone!

After 6 years, he finally popped the question! Everything is almost set. We plan to spend our honeymoon weekend at Orlando and visit all the parks at Disney World.

Anyone have any tips as to what to say or do while we are there? Like for example: Will wearing those cheesy Mickey Ears with a veil (which I can't wait to get!) and top hat get us any honeymooners discount? :)

Thanks!

His fortune read... His fortune read: "Stop searching forever. Happiness is just next to you."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon at Disney World tips?

• I've read a lot about what the bride and groom ears will get you (same with the Happily Ever After pins), and while you might be able to get some perks, they're not guaranteed and chances of discounts are unfortunately slim to none. Bummer, I know. Definitely pick up the pins, though. And if you can convince FI to wear the ears, I say go for it! Also, make sure you attach to ALL of your ressies that you're on your HM. If anything, you'll get a lot of congratulations!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • I would mention it in all your reservations, it may not get you discounts but better tables, etc. Are you staying on property? I'd check out the dining plan and magical express to help save on dining and transportation and also - regardless if you're staying on property but want to dine at particular restaurants - book reservations asap. Have fun!

• I would mention it to everyone, as if the ears weren't a big clue! You won't get discounts, but you might get some "stuff". Maybe they will throw in a free dessert or something. Have fun!!
  • Ditto pp's--you might not get discounts, but you'll definitly receive lots of congrats! I think we received a complimentary desert at the restaurant inside the Contemporary hotel when we went for dinner.
  • We went for our minimoon and wore the Just Married buttons (you can get those at any of the Guest Services kiosks).  We received tons of congratulations from the cast members and the occasional free soda or ice cream bar.

This was at Disneyland, so I'm not sure if it's different at World.

Have fun!
  • No discounts on rooms or tickets (I literally just got off the phone with them about a Disneyland trip!) sadly.

But they did tell me to pick up the buttons at guest services.  And we'll be wearing the bride & groom ears.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • I work at WDW, wearing the ears and the buttons around the park will def get you some perks, but not any discounts on your rooms, meals, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards