Canada-Ontario

Photo booth??

We are tossing around the idea of having one of those photo booths with funny hats, glasses, wigs, etc. Do you think they are worth the cost?? Has anyone opted to have one at their wedding??

Tanya:)

Re: Photo booth??

• edited December 2011
    Depends on what the cost is.  Is it a photo booth that you get inside or something like a back-drop with some basic lighting.  Our photographer is going to rent us at cost the backdrop and the lighting and have the 2nd photographer man it after dinner in the corner of the venue.  To Rent some stuff at Vistek might run you $250 to $350 for the weekend.  If you have any companies that are in mind that offer photo booths.... please offer some links.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my photographer is doing it for us for free. We're just adding on 2 hours to our package to ensure we get a good use out of it. She's providing backdrop, lighting ect... we just need to do props!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting one, it's a gift from me sister. We are very excited. it was 1100 for 8 hours that also includes taxes and delivery.

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have one, but our friends did and it was a huge hit at their wedding. It was all electronic so not only did guests get a printout for themselves, but the couple also got a copy. I'd love to have an album of all of my guests if I could!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it at ours and guests LOVED it - highly recommended.  You can rent cameras and other equipment from Vistek for a really great price.  We got fabric from Fabricland to use as our backdrop (white with little gold stars) and are turning it into a quilt now!
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rented one for my upcoming wedding.

Original price was $1100 for 4 hours which I was not willing to spend as it was way over budget but then that same photobooth did a promotion through Groupon for $599... I couldn't pass it up!  So, I actually get the same package for more than half the price - can't complain about that!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Our friends had one and it was bittersweet.

The guests loved it and it definitely kept the kids entertained. A very few guests were offended by the behaviour of some other guests... their hall had some "busts" that a few guys got carried away with ... lol

The company my friend went with, charged her for ALL of the photos. Some were nice, most were funny. In their opinion, it was a bit of a waste of money because the photos were very small -they put 4 photos onto 1 regular sized photo card.

So if I were you, I would just check about pricing so you aren't hit with a surprise fee at the end. I personally loved how it pulled the kids off the floor during speeches
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Through Vistek we got a camera, huge memory card, light, remote for taking pictures, and a backdrop stand, with rentals for the whole weekend for $200.  Our photographers loaded the pictures at the end of the wedding on to a laptop and made a DVD for us to take all the pictures from the card before we left the venue.  The fabric cost about $35.  It was a great price and we could email pictures to anyone, or print them out, and we also put them on a photo-sharing website for our guests to take!
  • lilmiss_34lilmiss_34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Stephie, mind if I ask which company you went with?
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Photo booth is a great idea and would have loved to have done it but it was way out of our budget. Another option is to have a video kiosk. It is like speakers corner (if you remember back in the day) where people can leave as many messages as they want. It cost us $200. The website is www.tributekiosk.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards