I am planning to give my friends....

Ok how does this sound for my BM gifts:

Emergency Kit for each in a cute bag
Jewelry
Flip flops for reception
Their own clutch
A frame with a personalized thank you in it
And then each a gift card to their favorite store

And I am just putting all that in a gift bag.

Suggestions?

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I am planning to give my friends....

• The gift card sounds like the only thing in there that's actually a gift, to be honest.  Everything else sounds like it's more for you than for them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Hmmm. K, guess i'll throw out the kits and make the gift card worth more.  The flip flops can be worn after the wedding so I don't consider that wedding only.  The clutch can too.  And the frame isn't wedding related.  What do you suggest that I add to make it more of a gift?

image213 Invited
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_i-am-planning-to-give-my-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f429cc2b-cb54-4cda-96aa-5f6105c165a1Post:4bb260ad-ab4f-4c16-a663-64c7198364d9">Re: I am planning to give my friends....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm. K, guess i'll throw out the kits and make the gift card worth more.  The flip flops can be worn after the wedding so I don't consider that wedding only.  The clutch can too.  And the frame isn't wedding related.  What do you suggest that I add to make it more of a gift?
    Posted by KSParker2012[/QUOTE]
    But do they wear flip flops?  (I don't.)  Is the clutch their style, or yours?  Just because the possibility exists that something can be used outside of your wedding doesn't mean the person would actually be inclined to do so.

Pretend it's their birthday or Christmas, and get a gift they'd appreciate independent of your wedding.  They don't all have to get the same thing, either.  I'd planned on getting each of my attendants different gifts, but I hit on one thing (a leatherbound Grimm's Fairy Tales) that I thought each would appreciate.  DH got each of his attendants something vastly different.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I'd say just make the gift card bigger.  At least that's always an option if you can't find something for each of them (shopping like it's for their birthday or Christmas).  That way they can get something they like and will use after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Good ideas.  Thank you!

image213 Invited
  • I received flip flops for a wedding I was in and they were somehow super uncomfortable. I would try to pick something that each likes if you're going to go the gift route. That may mean they each get different things.
  • Something I received after last summer for being a BM, and I plan on getting my girls this as a gift coming up, is a birchbox (spelling?). 
    They are these neat boxes where girls get boxes of makeup, they can customize it online.  They get them once a month (depending on how much you get the gc for). 
    Something nice to pamper yourself once a month with. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think making the gift card bigger sounds good, and *possibly* still including the clutch if each is tailored to the girl's tastes (and also if they use clutches!) Do they like drinking wine? That's something else you might give along with the gift card IF they drink wine, and if so, then get each girl a bottle of wine that she would like (so not necessarily all the same bottle). That's what I did as part of my gift for my BMs. Each girl likes to drink wine, so I got each a different bottle from a local winery that is the same type of wine she likes drinking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I am also going to go against the grain. I think that your gift sounds great !! A gift is definded by anything you give to someone out of the kindness of your heart so a gift is all the things you listed !! I am sure your BMs will love everything !! Good Luck !
    Future Mrs.Ford Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well thank you! Haha I was beginning to think I had to redo everything.  I think I may stick with most of what I have and modify a few things.

image213 Invited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards