Honeymoon Discussions

Information on Aspen in May

My FI and I are looking to save each month for our HM which our wedding will not be until next year. So right now we are tentatively deciding where we want to go and the pricing so we get an idea how much we need to put away a month. However, he has a bit of aniexty with the thought of cruises and flying over water. So we are looking at US honeymoons and deciding how much we need to save total. Right now, we are looking at Aspen, CO. Does anyone know anything about this location? We are thinking to save about $3500 for it, would this be realistic? Do you know if skiing is still open in the mountains in May? (I heard they were in the Mountains). Lastly, any other recommendations besides Aspen for US Honeymoons (outside of beaches)?

Thanks!! :)

Re: Information on Aspen in May

• I live in Colorado in Boulder, we haven's had much of any snow down here BUT the mtns have a TON of snow : ) Right now we are have another storm coming through. Most ski resorts are still open it just depends on how much snow we get and how warm/cold it has been. You can usually call the resort your staying at and they can tel you the possible close date.
    Aspen is very Beautiful!! its also very nice in the summer time as well lots of hiking and stuff. As for your budget I'm not really sure how much, I know that Aspen is more upscale. Maybe try trip advisor.com there are lots of reviews. From DIA (airport) it is I think 3-5hr drive depending on traffic and road conditions(snow). I hope that helps, I hope I answered some of your questions. GL : ) 
  • OH you could actually call the ski resort snowmass they have a website and ask how late they will be open.
  • You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I've been worried that there won't be much to do in Aspen without snow. It sounds like there is atleast hiking and other activities.

Thanks again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards