Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Meal survey... What to choose!

Our venue offers chiliean sea bass pan seared, finished in a tomato sambuca sauce as an option to serve our guests. We love chiliean sea bass and were super excited. The coordinator seemed surprised and said not many people would choose that. Im wondering if our guests would like this as a choice or are we the only ones? Haha I guess what question is is.. How many of you would choose this if you were a guest?

Our other choice we like is chicken saltimbocca ( boneless breast topped with spinach, prosciutto, and provolone cheese in a sage wine sauce).

do we just have strange taste or doesn't sound good to anyone else?

Re: Meal survey... What to choose!

• You can only choose one?
  • I like sea bass I would not use it as my only entree option. Actually I'm not a fan of only one option. We had a duo plate of crabcake and filet. You could get double of one item if you didn't like and/or had a food restriction with the other. We also had a veggie option. Our cocktail hour had a ridiculous amount of options if you left hungry you were the problem, not us for not having enough diversity. (we also knew our guests were big crab and beef eaters. )

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited November 2012
    Haha yes. Those are the 2 choices that we like out of the 10 offered. We just dont know if people would enjoy these or if we should choose the normal wedding dishes. Guests pick 1 of the 2 dishes
  • If guests can pick between two dishes, I think that having the chilean sea bass and the chicken as the two options is fine.
  • Sounds good, I'd pick the sea bass too!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would choose the chicken -- it sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I would be blissfully happy (and it wouldn't matter what the other option was).  I think you have your bases covered for meat choices.
  • If you have 2 options then I think it's a good option.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think both sound great. I just would make sure you have a vegetarian option, and remember that people who don't eat pork won't be able to eat the chicken (prosciutto).
    Anniversary
  • Oh if they can choose between the two, definitely! We are having Chilean sea bass as one of our choices, and while we don't expect most people to choose it, at least there is an interesting choice for more adventurous eaters!
  • I never order the chicken choice at weddings but in this case I would.
  • edited November 2012
    I think sea bass is a good compromise. Some people don't eat red meat and chicken can be boring. And even some vegetarians will eat fish. It's your day and if your guests don't like it, it's only 1 meal.

They'll live. It's not like you're making them eat cow intestine.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_meal-survey-what-to-choose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:d7c42ae4-b05f-497c-8321-b67260b1fa4cPost:4454ecb4-0ae7-4a6b-a045-67501b8e2b3f">Meal survey... What to choose!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our venue offers chiliean sea bass pan seared, finished in a tomato sambuca sauce as an option to serve our guests. We love chiliean sea bass and were super excited. The coordinator seemed surprised and said not many people would choose that. Im wondering if our guests would like this as a choice or are we the only ones? Haha I guess what question is is.. How many of you would choose this if you were a guest? Our other choice we like is chicken saltimbocca ( boneless breast topped with spinach, prosciutto, and provolone cheese in a sage wine sauce). do we just have strange taste or doesn't sound good to anyone else?
    Posted by amr623[/QUOTE]

Anniversary

• I'm super picky about fish and I would never choose it at a wedding. I would totally go with the chicken.
  • They both sound amazing! I would choose the sea bass. If you're worried about this maybe you could do a survey on your save the dates or invitations? Just have your guests check which one they would choose. If you only get a few checks for the sea bass then you can probably skip it.
  • I wonder if she meant most people wouldn't choose sea bass because of the environmental issues with Chilean sea bass? It's one of those fish that's really over fished and a lot of people try to avoid.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards