New York-Hudson Valley

Marriage License Question Rockland County

Hi everyone,
I am getting married in Nyack and was wondering if we get our marriage license from the town clerk in Clarkstown instead of Nyack? I couldnt find any info on Nyacks town page regarding marriage licenses. I'm going to call them this week to find out but I was curious to see if anyone had any input. TIA!
imageAnniversary

Re: Marriage License Question Rockland County

• I believe, but I'm not 100 % sure, that it doesn't matter what municipality you get your marriage license in, as long as it's in NY state.  And also, you can only get an NYC marriage license if you're getting married in NYC.  Hope this helps.
  • Thanks! I just did some more research and I believe you are correct. I think in NJ you have to get the license from the city you are getting married in, but NY is different.
    imageAnniversary
  • Im in Orange County- but I got my marriage license in the town we live in and then got married a few towns over and it wasn't an issue. Just as long as its NY state!

• Yes you can.  In NY state you can get your marriage license in any town.  Doesnt matter if it's different from the town that you're getting married in.  I got my marriage license in Rockland County but got married on Long Island.
  • Thanks, ladies!
    imageAnniversary
  • Hi all,

I'm getting married in Suffern and I'm assuming I can apply anywhere in the state besides NYC, correct? Did anyone have a good experience at any of the clerks and would recommend going there?

Did you have to have a birth certificate, or was a passport sufficient? I need to purchase a new birth certificate if we need it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards