New Jersey
Options

It's been a while, but I wanted to share with you...

Hi everyone!!! I haven't been able to come on the boards for a while because i've been so0o0o0o extremely busy with work cuz of this project...anyywayy I wanted to say hi & to say that I've book all my major things yayy! & who better to share this with than with fellow brides (& grooms), you understand this joy better than others! LOL...

I have my church, reception venue, photo, video, dj, limo, & florist booked =)=) & I have an idea of what I want my wedding gown to look like..I will start shoppng for that later this month & also an idea of what how I want my BM dresses to be...I have cake & invitation ideas too! just ideas for now but yayyyy I'm soo excited & also a little excited that i didnt work a 12 hr day today so0o0 sorry for the long post & hyperness hehe! Sealed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's been a while, but I wanted to share with you...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! Congrats on all those huge checks!! Give us the details :o)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is such a tease. Where who what~ Share
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the checks!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_its-but-wanted-share-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c6964098-87c0-4e7a-8449-52ae0a351635Post:e16d3c2f-ba57-4dde-90da-5399a525b09a">Re: It's been a while, but I wanted to share with you...</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is such a tease. Where who what~ Share
    Posted by Chobot[/QUOTE]

Indeed! Come on with the details girly :o) We can't wait to hear all about your day so far!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Souds very productive of you. Congrads
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate saying checks klasdfjlasdjf so I will say it's a great feeling getting stuff done... Little by little everything starts coming together, it's an amazing feeling/feeling of relief.  Once you order that dress you'll be over the moon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! :)
  • Options
    keyri06keyri06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi ladies! I left work early today just so I could respond to the message board since I can't do it from my phone! Lol jkjk I had a Dr. appt! Hehe anyway you want details? get ready it's gonna be long but you asked for it so here I goooo:

Venue: Richfield Regency, booked in March. I met with Trish..she has high energy with a big personality..shes a bit nutty lol, but I liked her! I think you either like her or you dont..depends on your personality..my FI & I are very down to earth, talkative & always cracking jokes with ppl so she worked for us..if you're a bit more reserved I recommend meeting with someone else lol..We booked the bigger room..it's definitely prettier in person than online & I don't kno why they dont have pics of the cocktail room that goes with it online cuz it's nice & has a nyc lounge type of vibe going on, but what I loved most is that they can customize the menu to ethnic foods & I'm Hispanic so I would love a bit of my comfort foods there

Photographers: Garden State Photo Studio...amazing work! I've always liked their work then coincidentally my FI's cousin used them for his wedding recently & once I saw those pics, I just knew they were the ones for me lol..his cousin loved them & I did too when I met with them & although I haven't taken pics with them yet, they've listened to my request & are so nice & cooperative

Video: Blue Moon Video Productions...booked them a while back like March..I met with Eddie he was nice, but I haven't interacted with him again...I fell in love with the package that uses cameras used in movies (35MM DSLR or something like that)..& the dvd has a cool menu screen like a movie where you have scene selections & bonus features etc. ohh & we're getting blue ray & the dvd box looks like a real movie with a barcode & all but with your pic lol..this option is a bit pricier but their standard definition was really good quality as well & of course HD is an option too

DJ: Majestic Events but they just changed their name to Diverse Events, same owner just diff name..they were recommended by someone from my venue & also they did my friend's friends wedding & that couple raved about them so we saw a video of my friend's friends wedding & we thought they were great..my Fi & I are both Hispanic but we want a mix of Spanish & American music & since my friend's friends are a mixed couple (one Hispanic one Caucasian) their video was a perfect example of what we wanted & my FI is extremely picky because he's a DJ himself & he was impressed (which doesn't happen often) lol

Limo: Danaro's Limo, nice limos & he had the cheapest prices for the limos we wanted but unfortunately he just boosted his prices =(, we booked just in the nick of time....for all of you who haven't booked limos yet cuz you think it's too soon do it now! They get booked fast & my friend is getting married march 2013 & she already started booking things & a limo co. told her book soon because limos will just keep going up...now I dont kno if he just told her that so she could book now (which she didn't ) but I kind of believe it bcuz nothing gets cheaper & gas is more outrageous each day!

Flowers: AW Flowers..met with the owner Adam he was great & sooo affordable!! He really works with your budget! you can honestly tell him how much you want to spend even if you think it's low & it's not possible, he makes it happen! The shop itself is not attractive & outdated, but who cares as long as the flowers are pretty lol & since he doesn't make his shop look fancy this probably helps him keep costs low...haven't had my mock up yet because I want to wait but I've seen pics here of his work & fellow knotties love his work =)

Bridal shop: I plan on going to Bijou Bridal in Paramus because my FI knows the owner & she keeps telling him tell your FI to come, so I'll check it out, I've read good things here about it & I was at the nail salon one day talking to my sis & a random girl politely jumped into our convo lol & she said she drives by all the time & the dresses are absolutely gorgeous that I should go..so we shall see! I plan on going at the end of the month so I'll keep you posted =)

So there you have it! That was a mouthful! Or shall I say handful? My fingers are outta breath! Lol!!! Sealed

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!!! U got tons of stuff off Ur to do list! Can u please tell Where is that florist located? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Options
    keyri06keyri06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW Florist 212 Belleville Tpke Kearny, NJ..you're welcome

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards