Military Brides

Addressing Enevelopes

Hello fellow military brides!  My fiance (1st Lt in Marine Corps) are having a military wedding in March.  I'm working on mailing Save the Dates out bySeptember 10 for our out of state guests.  However, I want to make sure I'm adressing the envelopes correctly so that I don't offend anyone, and my fiance is deployed in Afghanistan right now...
So, for example, would a 1st Lt and his wife be written as "1st Lieutenant and Mrs. John Doe" ? 
My future mother in-law says to just right first name initial rather than full name, but I dont think that'd be correct.  
Also, is it correct that you do not abbreviate ranks on the invitations (even though they abbreviate everything in the military, haha)?

Thanks ya'll!
Wedding Countdown Ticker *LittleLula*

Re: Addressing Enevelopes

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Others can help more specifically with abbreviate vs. not, but I do know there's no standard etiquette for STDs. It would be perfectly fine to address it to John and Jane Smith, and then send the formal invitation to 1st Lt and Mrs. John Smith (or leave out John, or 1st Lt and Mrs. John and Jane Smith, as I'm doing). Google is your friend for most etiquette, though military can certainly be its own animal.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards