Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

November Weddings- Sunlight/Sunset/Darkness Question...

Hi!

This is my first post! Just got engaged 3 weeks ago and I'm about to book my wedding for 11/11/11! I'm really excited but I was wondering if anyone happens to have an idea about how dark it will be in mid- November around 4pm. My cocktail hour is starting at 4pm and it's at waterview resort on the Ocean side and I really want there to be some light for at least the beginning of it. I googled sunsets for that date and it looks like the sunsets at 4:27pm that day so it looks like I may have 27 minutes of light but then again the reception place in on the ocean side so not in the direction of the sunset so I wonder if it will actually be darker.  My parents really want me to do it the weekend before because that would be the last weekend before the end of daylight savings time but I really like the idea of 11/11/11 since it's a cool date but also some people have off that day for Veteran's Day which would be nice since it's a Friday wedding. I know this seems like a crazy post but I want to be reassured that my guests will get to see the beautiful view that we're paying for at least for the beginning of the cocktail hour.

Re: November Weddings- Sunlight/Sunset/Darkness Question...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't say for sure, but I would think it will be getting pretty dark by 4. If the sun sets at 4:30, it's already on it's way by 4, right? Can you move the start time to 3:30 for cocktails? If that's an option, I would wait until mid November and maybe swing by the venue at that time, then decide from there what time you want to start it.

Oh, and congratulations!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards