Kentucky-Louisville

Ladies~ Who catered your wedding?

My wedding isn't for 2 years but I am just trying to get some ideas! TIA

Re: Ladies~ Who catered your wedding?

• skittles1977skittles1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Lady Fingers back in May.  We absolutely loved them.  The food was delicious and the service was impeccable!  I highly recommend them.
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had in house catering at Persimmon Ridge, but as far as independent, I would recommend Masterson's.  They are very reasonably priced and the quality of their food and setup is amazing.  I've experienced and heard from others how great they are to deal with too.  Good Luck.
  • Deirdre1BDeirdre1B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Ladyfingers. And everyone loved it. It's three weeks later and people are still telling me how much they loved the food.
  • edited December 2011
    I love Chardeau's.  Great food, reasonable, and Michelle is awesome to work with.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help....we're doing a dessert reception and making it all ourselves...but just so you know your venue will probably have a list of caterers to choose from, so check with them first. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Ladyfingers. I went to their tasting and loved their food. They are very easy to work with.
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Masterson's.  Ladyfingers was a very close second, but we're getting married at the Frazier Museum and HAVE to use Masterson's for the bar, so we decided having one vendor for food and drinks would make life easier.
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking into Lady Fingers. When you look at their website though, all their reception menus have tenderloin sliced over french bread or smoked turkey with foccacia. It doesn't seem like there are heart entrees. It all seems like sandwhiches. Am I looking at this wrong?
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_ladies-catered-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:12015b7e-4a5b-4a2d-9507-2b7e666cf328Post:db7c346c-5c2e-4f30-bd73-d8b86366c344">Re: Ladies~ Who catered your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking into Lady Fingers. When you look at their website though, all their reception menus have tenderloin sliced over french bread or smoked turkey with foccacia. It doesn't seem like there are heart entrees. It all seems like sandwhiches. Am I looking at this wrong?
    Posted by Briella86[/QUOTE]

<div>Probably.  When they drew up a menu for us, we had a chicken and a pork entree and it sounded delicious and not at all sandwich-y.  Honestly, though, I would pick your place first and then look more seriously into food.  You don't want your dream reception hall and dream caterer to conflict! </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_ladies-catered-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:608Discussion:12015b7e-4a5b-4a2d-9507-2b7e666cf328Post:db7c346c-5c2e-4f30-bd73-d8b86366c344">Re: Ladies~ Who catered your wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking into Lady Fingers. When you look at their website though, all their reception menus have tenderloin sliced over french bread or smoked turkey with foccacia. It doesn't seem like there are heart entrees. It all seems like sandwhiches. Am I looking at this wrong?
    Posted by Briella86[/QUOTE]

On their website there is a another menu, I am doing the homestyle buffet, I get a salad, 2 entrees, 3 veggies, rolls and desserts, but you can substitute the deserts for the fruit and cheese tray
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards