Montana

Etiquette?????

Is it wrong to not want to invite some of my relatives that I don't like and don't talk to, but I am afriad I will start a family war. WHAT am I suppose to do is it bad if I say screw it and not invite them???

Re: Etiquette?????

• edited December 2011
    Its ultimately your wedding so your guest list should consist of people you want to come. There were a few distant relatives I didn't invite since I haven't spoken to them in  years.

If you think its going to cause un-needed family drama or they will be insulted and hurt that you didn't invite them, then the polite thing to do would be to send them an invite, they are after all family.

Is there a reason you dont want certain family members coming or a reason why you think it would start a family war?
  • edited December 2011
    I think like girl^^ it's ulitmately your decision and your wedding so you do what you want. You have your reasons for it just make sure you're ready to be confronted about it. There were long lost relatives I didn't invite and there were close friends I didn't invited because 98% of the time when they are drinking they are starting a scene and I didn't want to put up with that.
  • elbuort2elbuort2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I do have reasons for both my Grandmother sings the praises of these few relatives and you cant say a word against them... but I have caught them in several lies, I have caught one of them steeling from me repeatedly, and every time I have to see them they make little insults that goes over my Grandparents heads. I told my mother that I did not want to invite them she agrees but my dad says I will piss off my grandparents who I do love.

• edited December 2011

Well again its your wedding and if you dont feel you want to invite them then you shouldn't. Maybe you could explain to your grandparents why you aren't inviting them so they dont hear about it second hand from your other relatives and not fully understand.

• edited December 2011
    I have to say you have to do what you are comfortable doing.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally understand your predicament. I know it sounds terrible, but if they arn't immediate family you can always use the excuse that you had a limited amount of people to invite or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards