North Carolina-Outer Banks

Photographer

Hey everyone! We've booked our venue and picked a date...9/20/13! I am so excited!!!! I know that DJs and photographers get booked up pretty quickly so I just wanted to get some suggestions for photographers since that is the next thing on my list! Thanks for the help!!

Re: Photographer

• Congrats!

The Currituck Club is a gorgeous venue!  We used DJ John Harper and really loved him!  He even took the time to meet as at our venue during a planning trip to help us firgure out the best way to set everything up since he had done weddings there before.  He also DJ's for the local radio station down there and has a lot of experience. 

Matt Lusk is an amazing photographer, and not just weddings either.  He does a lot of surf and wildlife shots and has a lot of experience as well.  I wanted to use him myself, but he was already booked.  We did go with Outer Banks Productions and I was really happy with everything!  Michelle & her husband make a great team.

The Outer Banks Wedding Assoc. site is a great place to look for vendors, real weddings and their blog as well for ideas & inspiration.

• We booked Matt Lusk for our wedding 9/21/13!  That would be awesome if you had him the day before us! haha.  We did not have the opportunity thus far to meet him in person because we are playing from PA, however he was wonderful in our phone conversation and we just fell in love with his easy going, layed back attitude.  He was highly recommended so we booked him quickly. He is definitely worth checking into for your big day!

Congrats on picking the date and venue! 
  • Matt Lusk is amazing!  We booked him for our wedding 9/14/13.  He did our engagement pictures already and they turned out great!  He was so easy going.  My fiance is very shy and he was able to really put us at ease.  We had so much fun doing the engagement pictures, we can't wait for the wedding.  His wife was great too, they work together.  
  • I uploaded a few of our pictures on to my profile.  Feel free to take a look.
  • We booked with Coleman Shots. Our wedding is May 20, 2013, so I don't have any pics to show you but if you look up their website, I just love their style and the pics are beautiful. They have great ratings, as well.
  • I just booked with Matt Lusk too :-) My fiance and I are going down in December, would you recommend meeting with Matt for any reason? Or do most people just meet their photographer on their wedding day? Also, what are some questions you have asked them? I was thinking I would just let them do their thing, but I have read people are in contact throughout the year with them?
  • Congrats! We just booked Ross Costanza Photography for our 9/14/13 wedding at Jennette's Pier. He's located in Chesapeake, VA but will travel for the wedding (only about 1.5 hour drive). He is FANTASTIC and I highly recommend him! Very professional and flexible.
  • We used Matt for our 9/7/12 wedding. We met with him before booking with him, but if you are going to be down and he is available, I would suggest meeting with him. In terms of questions, I don't really think any that we asked would be worthwhile for you, since you already booked him. Just make sure before your wedding, you send a very detailed list of pictures that you want, and take a look on his site, and on other photographers websites to see any poses that you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked Coleman Shots based on Matt Lusk's recommendation as he was already booked on our date (5/17/2013). We met him at the end of September when we were down in the OBX. He was friendly, but honest which I appreciate. He seems very organized which is a great thing for us. My sister's photographer wasn't and it was kind of a disaster. I'm not going to lie, though, I really wanted Matt Lusk! :)
  • Ashlee Crabb I am also getting married on 9/14 too!!  I hope its the most beautiful day ever for both of us!!
  • http://ellenleroyphotography.com/blog/

I cannot recommend Ellen enough!  Ellen truly went above and beyond.  I cannot stop looking at our wedding photographs.  Please go check out her site, you will be blown away.  I researched many photographers before choosing Ellen.  Many had beautiful photos, but Ellen's are just amazing. 

Before the wedding, we spoke with Ellen several times and she helped us actually plan the timing of the ceremony and reception.  The day of Ellen made us both feel so comfortable taking our photographs.  One of my favorite parts of our wedding day was getting to sneak off after the ceremony and have our "photo shoot."  We couldn't have been happier with Ellen.     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards