Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Printing on the Envelope?

So I have awful handwriting and I dont think our budget can accommodate a calligrapher. I'm seriously considering printing the addresses straight on the envelopes as I think this will look the best (another friend suggested printing on clear address labels and just sticking that on the envelope, but I'm not sure how I feel about this). 

Can you guys share your thoughts on this and let me know what you think? Also anyone who can suggest a site that offers to do the printing for us would be great as well!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Printing on the Envelope?

• Options
    That's what we did, it turned out really nicely.  PIB.  I don't like the clear labels, they don't look very nice.  Printing them out was really easy, you just set up a mail merge using Word and Excel (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/excel/archive/2009/01/16/printing-envelopes-using-excel-and-word.aspx) and feed them through one at a time.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I print on envelopes for wedding invitations all the time, it is really easy to do if you want to do it at home. All you need is a basic writing program and have a good quality printer with permanent inkjet inks. If your printer has it, set it to accomodate thick paper or envelopes. Measure the open envelope and set up your paper size accordingly. The time consuming part will be collecting all the addresses and formatting them. Make sure to have extra envelopes, or experiment with regular paper until you know it is set up just right. You can also try a wraparound label, they look really nice.

There are many places where you can have someone print them for you as well. Try Etsy, or try a local printer. Certain envelope suppliers online will print them as well, however they may only do the return address.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtfulBeginnings

• Options
    Artful, vendors are not allowed to post.  You've been reported.
  • Options
    If you must, printing directly on the envelope is at least better than a label.
  • Options
    I printed on the envelope... I don't have awful handwriting, but I thought using a nice font would look nicer.  I've received nothing but compliments on my invitations...and if my family thought something about them was cheesy, they definitely would have let me know, lol!
  • Options
    Although we're going with a calligrapher, I think your plan is a good one.  My mantra on this is ... "anything but labels!"  I've seen envelopes with lovely fonts used; they look great.  Go for it.
  • Options

Thanks for the input! I really have been iffy on this and this helps me feel a little better! Glad so many brides have had positive feedback from their guests about printing directly on the envelope. Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards