August 2012 Weddings
Options

Weekend Updates :)

Fill us in on your WR and NWR updates from this weekend. :)

Re: Weekend Updates :)

• Options
    WR:
     I got my veil back like you may have seen in my previous post! :) And my aunt got the date set for my first bridal shower! My FI and I also had another session of our pre marital counseling. This time it was financial related and we took out a lot of good information from it.

NWR:
    I had one of my best friends bridal showers this weekend! It was a lot of fun and she got a lot of great stuff. Other than that my FI and I just had a relaxing weekend together. It was nice just lounging around with him all weekend.
  • Options
    WR:
     We took our Engagement Pictures!!! We had so much fun! I just know they are going to turn out great! & we love our photographer! That just makes me feel so much better that we picked the right person for us.

NWR:
    We cleaned out my FI Moms storage so I got a couple sentimemtal things from when he was a baby so that meant alot to us that we can have and show our future kids.
    It also included a ton of drama from my FSIL who Ive posted about before and just got way out of hand but all that helped my FI decide to go to counseling with me which I have been asking to do for a while now
    So I guess lots of good but of course a lil drama
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WR - Got two bridal shower dates set - one with his mom and one with mine. My dad and step-mom met his parents this weekend, kind of nerve wrecking but it went good. My dad got fitted and paid for his tux and they seen the two locations for the wedding - the ceremony site and the reception hall.

NWR - spent time with my dad and step-mom before they headed back to Iowa. It was a relaxing weekend of no work/homework until Sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: Ordered the invitations and bought some materials for DIY projects (ring bearer pillows  & frames for signs).

NWR: Had friends over on Saturday night for games & cocktails.  Tons of good food a minor set back with the diet but I am back on track now.  It was good to see some friends as our schedule is very hectic for the next 6 weeks. 

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WR: Nothing. NWR: Lots of kitchen work.
  • Options
    WR: Not much, found some neat bridal bracelets at Spencer's Gifts (there is a black BRIDE bracelet with pink writing, and pink TEAM BRIDE bracelets with black writing).  Also read reviews for Aquatica and Wet & Wild water parks in Orlando for our honeymoon! :)

NWR: Went shopping with some friends on Saturday, and went out to eat at Olive Garden.  We will not be eating out for awhile after that lol!  FI is a tax preparer so he was busy working all weekend (other than the shopping trip time).  Our friends have a little baby (4 months old) and I was holding him at Olive Garden while we were waiting for our table, well I heard him burp and I adjusted how I was holding him (and moved my foot), and the little guy leaned away from me and totally spit up ALL over the floor where my feet had JUST been!!  I felt bad for the other guests nearby, but my friends and FI were like "how in the WORLD did you avoid THAT?"!! It became our "story of the night" lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: Ordered lots of little things for the reception and ceremony, purchased invitations, found a hotel for FI's friends (we can't do a block of rooms where we're at) and began looking at calligraphers.
    NWR: Made a dentist appointment for FI after a cut in his gum caused his whole cheek to swell (results to come later today), and failed at trying to stop the dog from eating a button.  We're exciting people.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Happy Monday:

WR: Met with our DJ Saturday morning, like them a lot, they are a Knot pick 3 years in a row and they seem very professional. Addressed and stamped my save the dates (they should be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday so they're ready to mail). Registered at Target and BBB.

NWR: Saw a movie with my fiance Friday night, went out to dinner with mom Saturday night. Napped for like 3 hours on Saturday which was amazing. 

...And somehow it's already Monday again.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: We registered at BBB and C & B this weekend! Also got to see our band play at B.B. King's in the city and experienced a *slight* hiccup in that the drummer (also a groomsman!) might be touring Europe at the time of our wedding with another band so we may need to get a fill-in. Thank god we know other drummers....

NWR: Spent Saturday at a big birthday celebration with FI's family and met some of his cousins. That was fun, even if he had a bit much to drink, hah. Then we went grocery shopping and watched the Oscars on Sunday. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WR: We had our tasting this weekend and selected our main entrees. Scored small vases from another knottie at a savings compared to florist. Started researching rehearsal dinner places.

NWR: Celebrated FI's birthday on Sunday with his parents (even though its Tuesday) They paid rest of balance on the scroll for our wedding seating as his present yeah! He got grill utensils too. Went to go see a his friends band play.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WR: I tried on my wedding dress and ordered my veil.  My mom also found her dress for the wedding at the same shop where I got my dress.  My sister and grandma came along, too, and it was lots of fun to spend the day with all of them.  I also started making our wedding website.

NWR: I rented a movie with my fiance and enjoyed the warm Wisconsin weather by grilling out two nights in a row.  I also did lots of grading and lesson planning.
  • Options
    kap617kap617 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    WR: FI and I went looking at wedding bands!  I think I found one I like!  And he found one he likes, too, but thinks it might be too expensive--I'm trying to convince him that it's worth it.  We'll see how that goes.  After all, I'm buying it for him!

I also started working on music for our mass/ceremony.

Oh, and I've been working on invitations--choosing text and card stock, colors, etc.  I think we should see our first proof from the designer this week.  I'm so excited!

NWR: went for a 6 mile run in stong wind and flurries on Saturday (training for the Broad Street Run in May), hung out with some friends Saturday night, and drive to upstate PA on Sunday to see some of FI's extended family.  Every year they hhave a soup day where everyone brings their own soup for everyone to sample.  Then, everyone chooses a winner.  We had a great time!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    WR: Talked with caterer and filled our contract info over the phone.We will receive it tomorrow and mail in our deposit this week. Opened up and checked out our tablecloths we purchased last week and found one that had big holes in it. Going to be taking care of getting a replacement this week.

NWR: I repeat what I said last week, I'm tired of hospital visits. FI and I spent 6 hours Friday evening in the ER where neither of us were needing care.  Finally started getting over my cold that I have had since Tuesday. Went out to a local brewery pub opening Saturday night with friends.
  • Options
    WR:  We met with our priest to discuss marriage prep and lock in our date, and then went right over to our reception hall to put down a deposit!  I'm getting really excited because I'm starting to picture what the day will be like for our guests.  I also (after many conversations with my parents and fiance) think we've decided on our officiants and will ask them this week!

NWR:  Played lots of trivia.  'Twas fun.
  • Options
    WR: I scoped out attire for my FI and the groomsmen. FI was sick this weekend, so one BM came with me. We're going with suits for the guys, and then I decided the colors that I would like the guys to wear, and I picked out matching ties for them. So now, I just need to get all the guys to come in to get measured. When I go in, I need to compare the guys colors to my MOH's dress, because her dress color (green) is the one we're working around. I'm pretty glad I got that settled (at least the main color/suit type decisions) because that was really bothering me in the back of my mind. 

NWR: I did my taxes, haha. I realized this is the last year I'll be filing single!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards