Missouri-St Louis
Options

Wedding sites???

Does anyone have any recommendations for a wedding site?  We're coming down to the wire with only 6 months to plan, and almost everything is booked, of course.  We currently have Lafayette Park, Carondelet Park and Faust Park on our lists.  Our reception is going to be in Westport and my fiance is worried about out of town people having to drive too far to the ceremony (I don't find Lafayette Park, my first choice, particularly far, but whatever).  HALP!

Re: Wedding sites???

• Options
    leighinstlleighinstl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Butterfly House? That's in West County. http://www.butterflyhouse.org/events/wedding.aspx

I would also consider looking at all the parks out that way such as Creve Coeur Park or Faust Park. Or maybe Laumeier Sculpture Park.

You could also try one of the wineries or something for a ceremony. I know Mount Pleasant has a pretty arbor.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Opps! You already said Faust Park. Ignore that part of my suggestion.
  • Options
    carrier76carrier76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I don't really know anywhere at Creve Coeur that would work (that I can think of) and Butterfly House is a bit too pricey.

I keep leaving messages for the sculpture park that never get returned...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't you hate it when vendors don't call you back? Do they not like having more business?

I agree that the Butterfly House isn't cheap. The cool thing is that it includes the price of admission for all your guests. So if you have time in between the wedding and reception, your guests can explore the Butterfly House.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck finding a ceremony location. I'm sure you'll find something great.

• Options
    Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest Laumeier Sculpture Park.  My favorite park is Lafayette Park, I don't think it would be too far from your reception.  Plus if it's your first choice then I would go with that.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Des Peres Park has a gazebo you can rent out relatively inexpensively.  My aunt got married there and she has some really fun pictures.  It is on 270 at Manchester so you'll be very close to Westport.  

You can also try Kirkwood Park- they have a bunch of sites where you can get married there too if you're looking to stay pretty central.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about getting married at your reception venue?  I'm sure they can accomodate that, and if you cover the place in candles, lanterns, and a little fabric draping, you can convert any setting into a really beautiful ceremony site.  And then your guests can chillax at the venue or have a drink at one of the many Westport bars.  Of course Lafayette Park would be AWESOME.  We did all of our wedding photos there, and it was beyond my expectations.  We opted for the "first look" (I know a lot of traditionalists still want their first look to be walking down the aisle), but our photographers were total ninjas, so it felt like just the two of us crying and hugging and saying "I love you so much I'm so happy Best Day of my Life" yadda yadda yadda for, like, ten minutes.  Easily the highlight of the entire day.  Seriously.  After all the planning, all I really needed was my husband.  And I have the photographic proof of all the schmaltz surrounded by Lafayette Park in its most beautiful fall colors.  I should post some pictures to sway your husband.  Of course we got married and had our reception at the 9th Street Abbey, so it was five minutes away, and our guests weren't there, but still, Lafayette Park FTW!
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions!  I'm totally going to check out Des Peres Park. 

VENT:
    We went and looked at the Ruins at Tower Grove the other day and both fell in love with it.  I called them yesterday, they're saving it for us, blah blah.  It is more expensive than I had planned ($950 for the ceremony--ouch) but Fiance acted like it was no big deal.  I came home from work yesterday and he's all, "Now I'm rethinking it..."  Which is what he has done with EVERYTHING.  Every idea I have he argues with, or poo-poos on, etc.  I came home the other day and told him my friend volunteered to do my makeup.  "I thought your hairdresser was going to do it."  "She was, but this will save me $50."  "What if your friend doesn't know how to do it?"  Just crap like this, nitpicks every little thing.  Anyway.  He started whining about how much Ruins was going to cost us with renting chairs and such, and I told him that would happen no matter WHERE we went for an outdoor wedding.  This morning I told him that if we/he hadn't made a decision by noon Friday I was making it for him.  I'm tired of this! We only have six months! Come on!

Thanks for listening.  Sheesh!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just as an aside, I'd like to add that my Fiance is NOT normally the type of person to give me this much grief.  It's very frustrating!

He thinks we need to rent a charter bus to get people from Tower Grove (or even Lafayette) to our reception which will be at Westport (I THINK).  Does this seem like a bit much? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards