Chit Chat

If you are married..

Why are you still here?
(No snark intended, promise!)

Re: If you are married..

• the free handjobs.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbf4e705-821a-4f33-abcd-da8e06fa83c9Post:a7a47996-1eb1-40de-b138-9b2a5ff9878e">Re: If you are married..</a>:
    [QUOTE]the free handjobs.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I think thats more up my FI alley than mine. Is there a free Klondike bar thread somewhere?
  • edited July 2010
    Personally I like the fact that the married ladies stay around. Who else would we get advice from? Duh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the married ladies. They have experienced what we are planning, plus most of them are hilarious.
    MAY 2011 SIGGY CHALLENGE : YOU & MOH (I was also her MOH)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Bio**
  • This question comes up fairly regularly.  And I'm guessing you're asking because of the thread about b-lists where the question was asked.  So here's the C&P of the answer I gave on that thread:

It's probably not a good idea to get advice about a new situation that one is facing from people who have never done it before.

Do you really want to plan a wedding based on suggestions from people who haven't yet been through a wedding?  Or would you rather get your advice from people who have experience in the process?

I liken it to this scenario:  you're 8.5 months pregnant, and you want to know how labor and delivery are really going to be.  Are you going to ask someone who has already given birth, or are you going to ask someone who's 6 months pregnant with her first baby?

I'm on this site because although I'm married, I think I can give thoughtful advice and perhaps a reality check for brides who are wondering about an issue related to wedding planning.  I've been a bride, and now an MOG and an MOB.  I think I have some insights and experience to offer.

Finally, I'm on this site because I've come to "know" many of the regs and enjoy keeping up with what's going on with them.  And it's often entertaining to boot!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Paying it forward.  The best advice I got when planning was from people who'd already been through it, so I figured I'd stick around for a while and pass on my advice.  Plus, I like chatting with my WPB girls and keeping up with what's going on with them.  And my job can be boring, Knotting kills time while waiting for the phone to ring.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbf4e705-821a-4f33-abcd-da8e06fa83c9Post:bae743f7-65fd-4281-9472-3fa4e2affa8a">Re: If you are married..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I like the fact that the married ladies stay around. Who else would we get advice from? Duh.
    Posted by futuredaniel10[/QUOTE]
    That is a good Duh, I didn't even think of that!
  • Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbf4e705-821a-4f33-abcd-da8e06fa83c9Post:09462f93-87fc-4d20-b515-c4cbd7578ddb">Re: If you are married..</a>:
    [QUOTE]This question comes up fairly regularly.  And I'm guessing you're asking because of the thread about b-lists where the question was asked.  So here's the C&P of the answer I gave on that thread: It's probably not a good idea to get advice about a new situation that one is facing from people who have never done it before. Do you really want to plan a wedding based on suggestions from people who haven't yet been through a wedding?  Or would you rather get your advice from people who have experience in the process? I liken it to this scenario:  you're 8.5 months pregnant, and you want to know how labor and delivery are really going to be.  Are you going to ask someone who has already given birth, or are you going to ask someone who's 6 months pregnant with her first baby? I'm on this site because although I'm married, I think I can give thoughtful advice and perhaps a reality check for brides who are wondering about an issue related to wedding planning.  I've been a bride, and now an MOG and an MOB.  I think I have some insights and experience to offer. Finally, I'm on this site because I've come to "know" many of the regs and enjoy keeping up with what's going on with them.  And it's often entertaining to boot!
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

Actually I was just asking because I got a nastygram in my inbox from a (married) girl and then got me wondering why she was even here.
    You always have great posts though, thanks for the reply!
  • Trix- OP is a pot stirrer.  Check out her posting history and you'll see.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbf4e705-821a-4f33-abcd-da8e06fa83c9Post:1144cfc1-9502-4456-b99c-f7878e7166ae">Re: If you are married..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trix- OP is a pot stirrer.  Check out her posting history and you'll see.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Yes, how DARE I have an opposing opinion or ask a question. I must be here just to stir the poop. I already have one stalker, find someone else to harass.
  • Do you like playing victim?  Do it often or just on the interwebz?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:cbf4e705-821a-4f33-abcd-da8e06fa83c9Post:bc7d44cb-5c72-45a4-bead-f8a81d685da9">Re: If you are married..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you like playing victim?  Do it often or just on the interwebz?
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Do you like being a bully? I bet thats it, you were always the one shoved in a locker and now its your turn, right?
  • Wowzers! Drama aside, Belle you might not have intended to be snarky, but your comment was still snarky haha.  If you want to avoid the drama, try not responding to people's comments.  It's fine to have your opinions and state them, but criticizing others isn't the best way to make friends.

Now, for why I'm here.  I learned a lot planning my wedding, and others like to profit by the married ladies' wisdom and advice.
    Photobucket
  • My wedding is in 2 mos and I am so thankful to have married girls on the boards!!

They provide wonderful insight, advice, etc to the "soon to be" brides and their perspectives are much appreciated.
  • I am still here bc I like trying to help brides out if I can. I got a lot of good info on here while I was planning, so just try to give back a little.
  • I also love that the married ladies stick around and offer up their words of wisdom. I'm sure I'll be lurking on the boards a year from now. Weddings are just so exciting and I'd love to share in the excitement of others even after our wedding celebration has ended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards