Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in Florida

FI and I are looking to honeymoon in Florida in late July. We spoke with a travel agent who suggested that we consider either Clearwater or Naples. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Neither of us have ever been to Florida. We're looking to have a relaxing/romantic vacation while staying within our budget (under $2,000). We would like to avoid a party destination, but FI prefers to be in an area where there are interesting things to do nearby (aside from spending time at the beaches).

Any hotel recommendations would also be very helpful. In Clearwater, we've looked into the Clearwater Beach Marriot, Sheraton Sandkey Resort, and the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort. We'd also be open to considering St. Petersburg if there were any comparable options there. We haven't checked too extensively into Naples yet, though someone told us that the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club could be a nice option.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Re: Honeymoon in Florida

• both are great...but check out Anna Marie island, Santibel...our favorite area is the Panhandle area...Seagrove/Seaside..you are close enough to go  to Destin for dinner or shopping but not in all the traffic....look at anything on 30A....white sand clear water
  • i also have to suggest mexico (cancun, riviera maya including playa del carmen, tulum et.c.) or puerto rico. end of july is their low season and you might be able to get some really great deals with tons to do.

• Both would be great options.  Marco Island, FL, near Naples, is also a great spot and may be a little more reasonable.  From Marco there is a boat you can take to Key West for a day trip, golf, spas, hiking in wetlands, and lots of other stuff.  Naples has some great date night restaurants on 5th Ave.  If you're looking in Naples, the Inn on 5th is really beautiful and likely will probably have less families/kids.  La Playa is one of my favorites in that area too.  Naples Beach Club is very nice as well.  Great pool.  

I'm not as familiar with Clearwater.  I was there maybe 5 years ago.  It was beautiful, but a little more crowded than Naples/Marco.  That could have been the time of year though (March - spring break time). St. Augustine on the Atlantic side is also beautiful! 

The big thing I would look into is weather.  You may not want to go as far south that time of the year as it's very humid and can be buggy (near the wetlands).  If that's the case maybe look into Destin.  The SanDestin is a beautiful resort there. 

Have fun!! 
  • We are going to Fort Walton Beach, FL. It is on the gulf. It has a ton of things to do around too. There is an aquariam where you can interact with dolphins and other aquatic animals, they have a waterpark, by the beach I think is a little odd but it would be a change of scenery. I don't know if it would interest you guys, but Eglin Air Force Base is nearby. We can't wait to go there! There are so many activities, I wish we were staying for two weeks just so we can do everything lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards