Snarky Brides

Good morning!

Re: Good morning!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:993d7334-2129-4dc1-906f-0bcecdaf11a9">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Awww poor turkey :( I hope he made it off the road safely! <strong>When I lived in Ohio, there were tons of geese.  Every once in awhile they would cross a major road near the on ramp for !-75 in a huge flock.  Sometimes they would just sit down in the middle of the road and refuse to move, so traffic would be way backed up.  </strong>
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]
    At my work, we actually have goose attack buttons in the parking lot because there are so many of them. I suppose it's a nice enough idea, but if I'm getting attacked by a goose, I'm going to wring his fucking neck before I try hobbling, while being attacked, to a pole to push a button and wait for security to come. They do have cute little babies though. <div>
    </div><div>Good morning. nothing exciting going on in my world today. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jcb, you are making me have dinner envy!  All of the food you make sounds so delicious.
  • Good morning The weather here is such a bummer. I hope it warms up again soon. I have to work today and plan on talking to my boss. I saw Hunger Games yesterday. I thought it was good but not spectacular.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Jcb, it's about a group of friends that rescues abused children, while dealing with their own personal issues. The series takes place over the course of 20 years or so. I stopped after the second due to issues with the publishing company. The third is written and the fourth is started though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:fbdd3b5c-ce2b-4a41-80ec-46945940a8e8">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jcb, it's about a group of friends that rescues abused children, while dealing with their own personal issues. The series takes place over the course of 20 years or so. I stopped after the second due to issues with the publishing company. The third is written and the fourth is started though.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Just FYI, I think it's a wonderful idea for you to get on with the publishing of the third and fourth :) I really loved the first two!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have wild turkeys in our yard all the time. They are really dangerous. Their dew claws can cut you open. Im not joking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:41af440c-3d9e-4a2c-a6bb-b4dcadd79a27">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, lbarr!  It's been fun cooking again.  Took some getting used to, though.  Now, if I just had a clean-up person on call, that would be greeeaaaat.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>I would totally do it for you if i lived nearby.  I get a weird satisfaction from cleaning kitchens.  I can not go to bed until I know the kitchen is spotless.  </div>
  • That's a great idea Nebb. I have no idea what we would do. We were looking at hotels but maybe I will try and see if we can use my parent's time share for a trade week or something.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Morning everyone!
    I think I may be having my first bridezilla moment.  I found out that our reception venue redid the floor of the banquet room and it is UGLY.  It used to be a very bland maroon-ish color.  Now it is carpet tiles.  Each tile has a dark gray background with huge circles on it and some circles nested in one another like a target.  Each circle is either burnt yellow or burnt orange.  No joke.  It looks like something out of the 60s.  And I am pissed.  I know nobody really looks at the floor, but geesh.  70s orange and yellow does not go with our colors at all and our decorations are going to look like crap now.  Even FSIL (the good one, not the crazy one) thinks it's really ugly, and normally she finds the silver lining in everything.  Am I overreacting for being so mad?
  • Morning! Back at home/in the office and happy to be back. Vegas was fun- thanks for the show recs guys! We went to the Cirque show "Love" and OMG I can't believe how insanely cool it was. H even liked it, and he usually doesn't like anything!

OK- and the geese? My townhome is on a pond, and the last couple years the geese have overrun the place. I HATE GEESE. I fantasize about running them over, but I don't want to damage my car. I also fantasize about sniping them from my window, but I also can't do that. And there are people in other townhomes that actually FEED them. wtf people? they shiit everywhere. everywhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:3e3e6ecc-3fd6-4e7d-b51d-6b2d540f5c3a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all.  Not much going on today.  Work as usual. I made a yummy pork tenderloin last night (thanks Anna!) so I have good lunch leftovers today. Sesh, what was your first series about?   <strong>Smash, I used to think (in a warped way) that firing someone would be cool.  Yeah, it isn't.  Thank god I don't have to do that anymore.  It sucks</strong>. ETA:  YIO/Edie, is that near UPMC?  I seem to recall 5th Ave/Shadyside references.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes, it's not bad.  This lady deserves it.  She's a total flake and I'm pissed at her because she's wasted 2 weeks of my time and the employer's time.  Plus, she's a liar.  I hate liars.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:8b43da8d-b4bb-48ae-aac9-197fdd2d5bce">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have wild turkeys in our yard all the time. They are really dangerous. Their dew claws can cut you open. Im not joking.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>This confirms that I'm not crazy for running whenever I see them.</div><div>
    </div><div>jcb, FI is usually pretty good about helping with dishes after dinner.  Once in awhile though he gives me grief and I cannot handle that.  If I've spent an hour in the kitchen cooking you can help clean dishes, end of story.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Chels, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I honestly don't remember what the flooring looked like in our venue. The only time that attention will be focused on the floor will be the dance floor when the bride and groom do the worm ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:a69b501a-c9f4-47c9-a06c-833e85d644e0">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone! I think I may be having my first bridezilla moment.  I found out that our reception venue redid the floor of the banquet room and it is UGLY.  It used to be a very bland maroon-ish color.  Now it is carpet tiles.  Each tile has a dark gray background with huge circles on it and some circles nested in one another like a target.  Each circle is either burnt yellow or burnt orange.  No joke.  It looks like something out of the 60s.  And I am pissed.  I know nobody really looks at the floor, but geesh.  70s orange and yellow does not go with our colors at all and our decorations are going to look like crap now.  Even FSIL (the good one, not the crazy one) thinks it's really ugly, and normally she finds the silver lining in everything.  Am I overreacting for being so mad?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not gonna lie.  My reception venue had ugly carpet, too.  I honestly didn't notice the day of the wedding.  But in my pictures? I totally notice.  Luckily you can only see the carpet in a few of them, and the wood dance floor they put down covered some of it at least. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:f76ef9b9-86d7-41b8-a186-8a3116e56149">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Just FYI, I think it's a wonderful idea for you to get on with the publishing of the third and fourth :) I really loved the first two!
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I really want to get back to this series. It's just been so long now that it takes awhile to get back into them. Plus I was young when I wrote the first two and there are changes I want to make. Not anything big, just minor things that have always bugged me. The first 5 will follow the main characters chronologically, and the sixth will be a kind of prequel as to how they all met.

Also, I love geese. The goose is my spirit guide. We have them at work and I love watching them fly by.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Is anyone going to go see titanic when it comes out next week? I'm so farking excited to see it in 3D, it'll be the first thing I've seen in 3D though so I don't know what to expect.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:c02cede0-dff8-4f45-83f8-ebfa0c9dffa7">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I honestly don't remember what the flooring looked like in our venue. <strong>The only time that attention will be focused on the floor will be the dance floor when the bride and groom do the worm ;)</strong>
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I feel like you know that from experience ;)

Alrighty I'll try to stop freaking out about it.
  • Sesh, not gonna lie, I still haven't read the second book that you sent me months ago lol. I've been so busy. My goal is to read it during spring break :)  I know once I start I won't be able to stop, so bettre to start when I have a lot of time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:c9a81685-1d73-4289-abc8-79593b8268ab">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! :   jcb, FI is usually pretty good about helping with dishes after dinner.  Once in awhile though he gives me grief and I cannot handle that.  If I've spent an hour in the kitchen cooking you can help clean dishes, end of story.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>This is pretty much the "rule" in our house. If I cook he does the dishes and vice versa. I do 95% of the cooking so dishes are usually his responsibility and sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get him to do them. It drives me nuts. He's been much better about it the last week or two so I am hoping it stays that way. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:54fcdcca-3a72-41ff-92dd-42c3e0bd715c">Re:Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone going to go see titanic when it comes out next week? I'm so farking excited to see it in 3D, it'll be the first thing I've seen in 3D though so I don't know what to expect.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Im not gonna lie, when I saw the preview in the theatre yesterday it was really moving but I refuse to watch 3-D movies.

I wonder if they will have an intermission like the did the first time I saw it in the movies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, that's it jcb.

I won't see Titanic, because I hate 3D. The only 3D movie I liked was Avatar, but I think it worked well because there were so many more "animated"-type features. Some kids I know were pissy that HG wasn't 3D and seriously? Why the hell do you need every movie in 3D?

I do want to see that Abe Lincoln vampire hunter movie. It looks hilarious and awesome. Obviuosly, I don't care about historical inaccuracies.
  • I've never been to a movie with an intermission.  

Good morning.  Last night I dreamt that Edie called me to ask about shoes and then she hung up on me.  I was also paintng a mural with Frida for the back drop of the new season of Project Runway.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Titanic...Hated It
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:5ddf432f-9b00-4968-bcc9-f90d27126d6d">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : This is pretty much the "rule" in our house. If I cook he does the dishes and vice versa. I do 95% of the cooking so dishes are usually his responsibility and sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get him to do them. It drives me nuts. He's been much better about it the last week or two so I am hoping it stays that way. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>FI's always really good after I have an explosion of fury ;)  </div><div>
    </div><div>I need to work on that.  I ask once nicely.  The second time is not pretty for FI (or our neighbors lol)</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    I've never had an intermission at a movie either. I'd imagine it would be annoying with EVERYONE going to the can at once, I'd rather just miss 5 mins of the movie than have an intermission.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:54fcdcca-3a72-41ff-92dd-42c3e0bd715c">Re:Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone going to go see titanic when it comes out next week? I'm so farking excited to see it in 3D, it'll be the first thing I've seen in 3D though so I don't know what to expect.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I am! Kate Winslet's boobs in 3D? Yes please. Really, Kate Winslet's anything in 3D would please me.
  • NebbNebb member
    Titanic is one of my favourites. I want to own it so bad, they better rerelease it now. It was on tv recently like 3 times in a row and I totally watched it each time.
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:6d94d1ff-af6e-4340-94cb-e28f9e857153">Re:Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning! : I am! Kate Winslet's boobs in 3D? Yes please. Really, Kate Winslet's anything in 3D would please me.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>She's my favorite. Throw in some amazing clothes and I'd love that movie no matter what. It got such a bad rap in later years that I don't really think it deserved. I blame Celine Dion. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited March 2012
    You could hear me...  it was a dream :)  You were just mad I didn't like your turquoise shoes.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-230?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0080b68-422c-4623-a0e0-425ceb625b42Post:6d94d1ff-af6e-4340-94cb-e28f9e857153">Re:Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good morning! : I am! Kate Winslet's boobs in 3D? Yes please. Really, Kate Winslet's anything in 3D would please me.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

lol.

So I just found out Mitt Romney's coming to town tomorrow.  To where I went to college, no less.  he's speaking in the theater at it.  I kind of still want to go, but it's at 2 in the afternoon.  Strange time to hold a rally.  At an EXTREMELY liberal school.

Blegh.  Why couldn't Ron Paul come here?  He's going to Madison instead :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards