Favors

Lottery Ticket Favor

Has anyone else done this? I really want to do that, but I wanted to see what others thought of it and how we should package / present them.

Thanks!

Re: Lottery Ticket Favor

• edited December 2011
    I had these at my wedding for all the ppl under the age of 21(i did wine bottles for everyone 21 and older) and i went to orientialtrading.com and got the lottery ticket holders they were so cute!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is a cute idea, and one of the few "non-edible" favors that I think would be fun to get.

BTW:  I have a co-worker who always gives her friends scratch off tickets for their birthday, and one of our co-workers won $100 on her birthday!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • EmandMC2BEmandMC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are! FI loves lottery tickets and I love chocolate so when we found the saying "Hugs, Kisses, and Riches from the New Mr. & Mrs." We decided to go with it and put the hershey kisses and hugs along with a lottery ticket(attach a penny with your year on it) in a favor box. If they lose on the ticket they still get a little something.
  • cc8139cc8139 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you happen to have a picture of that!? I think that sounds really cute. And what is a "hug?" :)
  • edited December 2011

My daughter had a very loose Irish theme to her wedding.  In FL we have a scratch off lottery ticket that has shamrocks on it so that's what she purchased for each guest.  Each guest had a little glassine envelope at their seat with a lottery ticket and a penny in it.  Everyone had a lot of fun with it and I'm happy to say that I won some money at my daughter's wedding!

• EmandMC2BEmandMC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours aren't fully assembled yet but here are the favor boxes that it will all go into. You can prob find the Hershey kisses in your wedding colors. HUGS are made by Hershey's also- basically a hershey kiss that is swirled with white chocolate and milk chocolate.

• edited December 2011
    My coworker did this for his wedding. They just put the tickets in little envelopes and put one at each palce setting.
  • cc8139cc8139 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh those bozes are cute...I like them. It is perfect, because it is tall so you can get the ticket and the candy in there!
  • edited December 2011

What a fun idea! I have been on the fence about favors,as I have not found anything that I thought people would actually remember (or want) to take with them. But I think I might do this for our April wedding. It can be done in a pretty way for little $, and it would be great if someone actually won some $. If I were a wedding guest I think I would enjoy this favor, as I enjoy buying a scratcher ticket a few times a year. Thank you for your idea!

• TallyncTallync member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS IDEA!  It is original but something that literally anyone can enjoy.  I don't know anyone who doesn't love a chance to get some extra money, even if it's just a dollar.  And the candy is good for those who don't win!

Super fantastic idea!!  Totally going to use it!
  • edited December 2011
    Love this idea! It is definitel different and unique.  I think I'm going to use it.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hugs are like hershey kisses but I think they have milk and white chocolate
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, at first I kinda balked at this idea, but after reading these ideas I'm totally sold.  Great idea!
  • cc8139cc8139 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls...yes we are going to go with the lottery ticket favor! :) We are getting cute favor boxes and hershey kisses and tagging it with "Kisses and Riches from the New Mr. & Mrs."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards