Michigan-Detroit

Bachelorette Discussion In Here

Alright, so who are my bachelorette watchers?  I just finished watching last week's episode and I gotta say, It was a little 'eh'.

First of all, I'm not a fan of Ashley.  She bugged me on her season (at least towards the end) and then with the whole make over she looks like she's trying too hard.  Nothing about her seems all that interesting to be honest.

And none of the guys stand out to me.  And the dude with the mask?  That's just weird.  I get that you're doing it to stand out but it's not in a good way.

Now I typically like the Bachelor better than the Bachelorette anyway but it really hasn't done anything to draw me in yet.  But I know I'll watch the whole season because I always do but I'm not very excited about watching an entire season of Ashley.

Thoughts?  Yay?  Nay?  Don't care?

Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please someone tell me they are watching this!  This whole vegas wedding thing is driving me nuts!!  It is so creepy and I feel so bad for the guy.  He's so obviously uncomfortable and it's really awkward to watch.

Plus it makes me mad because it was so planned from the beginning (hello white dress!) It was like a giant game of chicken and I didn't want to watch.
  • edited December 2011
    Lol - I'm watching it right now. I'm not a fan of her, shes annoying. I probably won't watch any more episodes. The best part is that FI was watching a few minutes of the show. He got all pissed off at the guys because they're a bunch of weenies (ok, he didn't say "weenies", but you get my drift). Then he saw the guy with the mask, started laughing, and asked me if this is really what girls want.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and the Vegas thing is creeping me out like crazy!!!! WTF!!!! She's a legit looney toon.
    edited December 2011
    Todd actually watches it with me.  He would never admit to anyone that he does, but he watches it every week.  He says he hates it but I know he secretly likes it :)

And yeah I'm even more annoyed with Ashley after this.  The person usually gives the crew the idea for the date and then they plan it.  Which means this was her stupid idea.  Ugh.

Oh and don't get me started on the mask.  Super, super weird.
  • edited December 2011
    So, I don't watch Bachelorette.  But I wanted to share that I had a total context fail when I read the subject.  I was thinking "Liz just got married and back from her honeymoon!  Why would she just now be having a bachelorette?"
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:fc95dd02-c3c3-4345-82a7-fa4a09fc846f">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I don't watch Bachelorette.  But I wanted to share that I had a total context fail when I read the subject.  I was thinking "Liz just got married and back from her honeymoon!  Why would she just now be having a bachelorette?"
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]
    Ha!  I didn't even think about that but it makes sense, this is a wedding board afterall :)

Hey - 2 months and 2 days!  Pretty exciting :)
    edited December 2011
    Heads I'm the most boring person and Tails you are the most boring person.

Heads I have nothing interesting to say and Tails you are having a bad first date.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:55e71de7-eae5-4eea-a01f-4e4eda7b3e6c">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here : Ha!  I didn't even think about that but it makes sense, this is a wedding board afterall :) Hey - 2 months and 2 days!  Pretty exciting :)
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Yep, getting close!  Invites went out Friday!!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:e46046d0-eb0b-4475-8450-cbaf15d7b435">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here : Yep, getting close!  Invites went out Friday!!!
    yahoo!  Let the mailbox stalking begin :)  It seriously was my favorite part of planning!
  • edited December 2011
    In what is very sad times, the RSVPs are being sent to my parents' house.  I feel like their mail person is more reliable than ours - too much of my stuff gets misdelivered.

So I anticipate calling my mom every afternoon.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw Meg! Me too! RSVPs will all be going to FILs house...It's the best option (my neighbors steal my mail) but I'm kinda bummed I don't get to mailbox stalk. Oh, and...heads I get up to drink a glass of water...tails I get water and put in a load of laundry...Geez this show sucks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:7f4dced1-2a6d-4739-83ee-0e66381a2215">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Meg! Me too! RSVPs will all be going to FILs house...It's the best option (my neighbors steal my mail) but I'm kinda bummed I don't get to mailbox stalk. Oh, and...heads I get up to drink a glass of water...tails I get water and put in a load of laundry...Geez this show sucks!!!
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

the quotes made me turn on Bachelorette out of morbid curiosity.  I wish I hadn't.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:0004e5c8-c348-4119-9882-6a11da1ea4f2">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here : the quotes made me turn on Bachelorette out of morbid curiosity.  I wish I hadn't.
    That probably was not a smart decision.  That's how I started watching so many years ago and haven't been able to quit.

BE STRONG MEG!  Put down the remote and step away!
    edited December 2011
    Although the benefit of it being boring is that I'm getting a good chunk of our thank yous done since I don't have to worry about missing anything interesting or of substance.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-discussion-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:3adddade-b91f-4d5b-bc8d-5cb1c572d209Post:bd46ec05-9c02-4e20-a7e7-abf9b4d8778c">Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Discussion In Here : That probably was not a smart decision.  That's how I started watching so many years ago and haven't been able to quit. BE STRONG MEG!  Put down the remote and step away!
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

I will try to step away.  And not turn it on next week.

If I fail, and some years from now people ask me why I watch the Bachelorette, the answer will have to be "I was on an internet message board, people were chatting about it, and it looked so bad I had to see it."
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So, clearly I'm an idiot. This morning, people were talking about the Bachelorette and I was all confused because I thought it was on tonight. And then I see Liz's post and I'm like "wait a minute"....and then I remember that today is actually Tuesday and that I totally missed out last night. Thank god for hulu!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards