Snarky Brides

Traveling without id?

Just wondering if anyone knows what you can do if you've lost your wallet in a remote destination and need to fly home?  I lost mine this weekend at a friend's wedding during the after party at some night club, so no hope of it turning up.  I had a flight back the next morning.  Fortunately there were enough people that had made the 8 hour drive from home town that I was able to catch a ride back with someone else instead of needing my flight to get home, but is there some type of process you go through if that happens to you so you could actually fly home if necessary?

And a psa for everyone; put the phone numbers from your credit cards in your phone and/or whatever online email service you might use, then if you do lose your wallet, and possibly your phone as well, you don't have to struggle to figure out how to call and cancel your cards.  I have a mastercard from a relatively obscure bank and it was a bitch finding the right number to call.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Traveling without id?

• Honestly, given how ridiculous TSA is, I seriously doubt there's anything you can do without proper picture ID. They damn sure ain't gonna let you on the plane without it, I'd bet my life on that. That sucks, but I'm glad you made it home.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Unfortunatly you would need to go to the DMV in the town you lost your ID in and ask them and explain to them you need to travel. Other than that I would call the Social security admin and explain your situation to see what they may want you to do. Plus if anything does happen with your ID , SSN, or credit cards they flag it for your protection. I had my purse stolen from me a few months ago so I know all to well about the process.. just not to sure about the out of town part :( Sorry this happened to you , the whole process is a pain in the butt!
  • I always make  colored copies of my ID  (passport and driver's license) and put them in another location.   I would also file a police report.

Between the photo copies, police report, any other ID you might have and going through extra security you might be able to fly.  Not a guarentee, but the more information you have the better your chances..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I did the police report when I got home just in case any identity theft stuff occurs later on.  Fortunately none of my cards were hit before I closed them.

• no real info, except

LC! You look quite stunning!  Or, at least your ass does :)
  • I know it's a bit different because you were still in the US but when I went to Europe a person on our tour lost his id.  He had to go to the US embassy to get a copy of his passport to fly home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • re: Loopy.

Yeah I thought of that too, but apparently TSA changed policies July 08, so I don't know that still applies.
  • This just happened to one of my friends, and all they did was take her in a room and ask her a bunch of questions that only she would know the answer to. I didn't understand how they knew the answers though...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • TSA knows everything! :)

• Just a few weeks ago a young lady was doing business down the street from us, she was from Alaska. She decided to come here and shop for a bit, and realized after about 3 stores later that her purse was missing. Guest services called the police who made a report. We then took her info, gave her money for a cab. The officer fast tracked her report and called ahead to the airport and explained the situation.

We found her purse, she had left it at one of the stores, and we had to ship it back to her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This story has a happy ending; I started calling cab companies and one had my wallet, minus the finders fee of the cash in it LOL, but at least all the cards and license are still there, and it was only about $20 so apparently there are some honest people left in addition to you KD.  I'm guessing I left it in the cab when I got back to the hotel after drinking with the wedding party; probably would not have seen it again in most cities but key west is pretty laid back and most of the people that live there strike me as pretty honest folks that just like the relaxing environment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards